Chapter Twenty Six

The evening had soon arrived, as the blazing daylight was replaced by the setting sun which scattered its pastel colors across the sky. Her parents, however, had left for work long time back. Somehow, they hadn't found out about Felicia sneaking out over to Jason's place. The current situation was at its peak and she would definitely despise the idea of more problems than enough present, being added onto her plate. She made sure the window was closed shut, even though the breeze seemed all too inviting. Obedient by nature, she made sure she was listening to Jason's words from yesterday at any cost.

Even though, she did not really know him.

But, that did not matter to her anymore. Her perception towards him was disfigured by the strong feelings she had for Jason. Her mind, her body and her heart were cobbled together in a twisted way with the mixture of different aspects of Jason. She was starting to see herself in him. She was starting to utterly depend on him for even the smallest second for which she had to survive. She thrived in the world of confusion, danger and fear, at the same time, fighting for affection from the most unpredictable. Maybe, she started to love him.

It was no longer a matter of uncertainty, but a matter of life and death. She needed him, without him she just couldn't go on. That's it. She fell for him. She believed she loved Jason McCann.

The moment when a sense of assurance of her love for Jason diffused over her, she instantly turned her head towards the window, her eyes wide open from her discovery of hidden feelings. She waited for him. For him to show up on her window. For him to forget everything that had happened between them yesterday. She hoped for a new beginning, a new leap of their relationship to start. If only, she had been aware of the consequences following them. The ones which had a drastic effect on her family and her life, as a whole.

The little knock on the window drove her back into reality as the one she was most looking forward appeared on the other side of the window. His facial expressions were softer than yesterday and he seemed rather happy. The thought of him tough grinding to see her made her heart quiver with all love she was given. She glanced at the clock, her parents won't be home until much longer. She smiled brightly as she opened the window open for him to climb up to her room. With one swift movement, he was standing tall above her at close proximity.

However, the conversation that happened between them, yesterday, disturbed Felicia's contentment. She wanted things to be all good before she said the words. The three words which were going to be said and her life will never remain the same again.

"Are you mad at me, Jason?" She managed to ask, looking at him through her eyelashes, poised for any reaction that would come from him. His facial expressions remained how they were since the moment he had stepped inside her room, gentle and somewhat caring. Jason chuckled at Felicia's usual apprehension as he replied. "No."

With that little reply, the three prodigious words were ready to fly out of her mouth. She observed his body language and frantically browsed for ways on how to express those words. But, there was no shortcut to honesty. The only way to let him know how she felt was to say them. Nothing else. With that thought, she let her heart take control as it poured out it's deepest emotions.

"I love you."

Jason instantly looked at her eyes with hint of glint in his eyes. His words were reciprocated with him delicately attaching his lips to hers, instead. Unlike the previous kisses they had shared, this kiss went along gently and was meant to be soothing. He placed his thumb on her chin as he softly pulled her closer to his lips. Her hands found their way back to his torso as his own towards her dainty waist.

Felicia couldn't help, but whimper at his unpredictable actions. Her eyes fluttered close at the astounding pleasure.

Once again, he matched her lips to Felicia's like the way he did, a while ago. Each time their lips moved against each other, the actions radiated love and affection. With love at it's purest form and affection at it's peak of tenderness, Felicia thought their love was meant to be alive for an eternity.

But, what if it was the kind of love which feeded off of falsity?

Both of them finally pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you, too, princess." Was all Jason said, before repeating his previous actions all over again.