5. Phone's swapped

After the cake cutting ceremony, she joined us with a few more friends. on getting ourselves settled down she introduced one among her friends to be Keerthi as her best friend. Only then I noticed it to be the same girl with whom I fought earlier. As soon as I saw her I excused myself from there and rushed out of the place not sparing a glance. 

"Why are you running away?", Rohan called out running after me

"I am not running away just staying away from trouble" I groaned in annoyance.

"fine will you at least take back your belongings that you left over the table" he mocked showing me my phone and car keys.

......

Next morning Rohan came early to my house

"who was the girl shouting at me on your phone" Rohan yelled at me

"a girl, on my phone?" I narrowed down my eyes to a slit

"yes when I called you, a girl answered it she yelled at me, not to disturb her in a sleepy voice", Rohan replied.

if my phone is with her then whose phone do I have?

My inner voice pricked.

Keerthi's Pov

When Harini introduced me her new friend Gautham, I was shocked to find it out to be him. Before I could react he rushed out of the place. 

"is he your new friend?" I exclaimed at her.

"yes, do you know him before?" she asked me out all confused

"he is the one who troubled me at the fresher's party, shop and ruined my dress on the first day" I groaned in annoyance.

*****

The next morning when I was in a deep sleep I heard a different ringtone from my phone. assuming it to be some customer care call, i rejected it immediately. on a continuous strike of calls, I picked it up in annoyance and shouted at the person on the phone to let me sleep.

After a few minutes, the phone started ringing again jerking me awake, "who is it now?" I muttered in a sleepy voice.

"owner of the phone you are holding", a guy on the other side spoke out. 

hearing a guys voice I came back to my senses and quickly jerked out of bed

"no this is my phone" I replied firmly

"if you don't believe me then look through the phone" the guy over the phone stated. I did as he told. I was shocked to find Gautham and his brother on the lock screen.

"is it Gautham's?" I drawled

"do you know me?" he asked all excited.

"yes it's me Keerthi, Harini's friend" I replied in a dry voice

"How did you get my mobile? did you steal it?"

"why would I steal yours? I don't even know where my phone is now"

"well if your phone has a dog picture in the lock screen then I have your phone"

 "yes, it's my phone, don't tell me that you did it on purpose,"

"oh, is it, then you will witness my real plan hereafter"

"don't forget that I also have your phone", I warned him

"who needs it, I will buy a new one", he ended the call abruptly.

"His phone looks just like mine we might have swapped our phones yesterday at the party. He is rich he can buy a new one but I can't, I brought this mobile through my savings I can't leave just like that" hearing my inner voice I decided to leave my stubbornness and compromise with him.