9. Away from home

Gautham's Pov

The moment I saw nithish I felt quite annoyed, although we don't have anything against each other still his presence beside Keerthi was more than enough to get me annoyed. After a few minutes as the bus departed, her parents waved their hands at her cheering up for.

I wish, my parents were like them

...

After 8hrs of travel, we finally reached Madras (Chennai). on reaching the destination I turned my attention towards Keerthi to wake her up, The moment I witnessed her sleeping peacefully I was quite lost in thoughts. As the wind flew through the window a strand of her wavy hair touched her soft golden skin. as I lowered down my gaze I noticed her facial features and took my time admiring them.

When the sun rays disturbed her sleep I held out my hand and blocked the rays but A few moments later she woke up on hearing some horn sounds. As soon as she woke up I came back to my senses and pretended to not notice it.

Soon we got down the bus and reached a hotel near campus in a cab and booked two separate rooms on the same floor. As we reached the second floor I handed over her room key.

"you must be tired, sleep well, fresh up and get ready by evening we shall go out", I headed to my room which is next to hers.

Upon entering the room, I threw the duffle bag on the couch and slumped on the bed. being hell tired I dozed off right away not even bother to change my clothes

****

Later Evening after done with the study for the contest we decided to walk out for a while. As we walk down through the beach suddenly a man ran past us in haste with few people running behind him.

"thief!! Somebody catch him", one among them shouted

Before I could react, Keerthi started running behind him in an attempt of catching him. All I could do was run behind her shouting her name. upon running few meters away from beach, the thief got blocked in a dead end. In the attempt of saving himself from the angry mob, he held Keerthi as captive.

Before the guy could step back, I gripped his legs from behind and yanked them forward. The guy lost his balance and fell down making the knife jump out of his hands. Using all my force I hit him square at his jaw and with few blows the guy blanked out

Although I am not used to fighting, that day I fought for her, I was surprised about my own skills. Soon the people around us took him to the nearby police station.

Keerthi's Pov

I fell on the ground In haze grabbing hold of my breath. Although I didn't come out of the shock that I am still alive I was too curious about his skills. Unable to hold it to myself, I asked out of curiosity, "when did you learn to fight?"

"is that really important?"

"Why the hell did you run at back of him? what if something happened to you?", he shouted at me.

"he is a thief and how can you leave just like that?"

"The money that he stole can be brought back but lives can be brought back"

"you don't even like me then why the hell are you concerned about me you could have just left me back there to save your life"

My words seemed to have struck right at his cord as he stood there still with no answer. I ignored him and started walking in the opposite direction to him.

"I can't let you go alone, you came with me and you are my responsibility", he replied back in a low voice controlling his temper.

"Responsibility?!" I stopped in my track and turned to face him.

"so that's what it is about, I can go by myself I don't need your help", I added on

"you know what? I am not going to give you any explanations further you are totally crazy" his face flushed red in anger.

I didn't bother to reply to him, I started walking again while he didn't bother to follow me.

Why should he follow me what am I to him, why am I expecting him to give our relationship a name, he is right I must have gone crazy

Muttering to myself I headed to the bus stop. The stop looked deserted with haunting darkness all around me except for the light of street light. After a few minutes, I saw two guys staring at me as if I am a piece of candy. 

My hands started to tremble as they approached me, I began taking heavy steps praying god for help. To worsen the situation, The road ahead of me was slippery due to rain. Although I tried my best to keep my balance, unfortunately, I slipped down and tumbled forward being unable to get on my knees.