7. Tit for tat

When he confessed that he doesn't have my phone, only then I understood that all this time he has been playing with me. In frustration, I walked out of the mall cursing him.

It's almost 4 pm now I can't even go back to college all thanks to that idiot

Suddenly a car drove past me splashing the stagnant water. I yelled at the car driver to watch out the road and continued on my tracks. The car stopped a few distances past me and a woman in mid-'40s stepped out of the car. It's none other than my Hod.

Woah! what the hell! why can't luck favor me at least for once 

"Keerthana how come you are here, why didn't you show up at the afternoon event, although you are a fresher I gave you a chance but you messed it up, if nithish wasn't there then the situation might have worsened"

"mam-"

"I don't need your explanation, come and meet me tomorrow at my room", she headed back to car not leaving any room for me to explain.

"I am gonna kill that bastard, he neither attended the call nor informed me about it", I muttered to myself and headed back home.

Reaching home I quickly looked up for his phone. luckily I didn't discard it. making up my mind I sat down with his phone and tried to hack his password. It wasn't an impossible task, after a few tries I got it. The password was his brother name 'Aravind'.

I looked through his messenger app and found his class group.

'Hey Rohan don't leave me you know how much I love you, don't worry soon this world would accept us'

I texted a fake msg to his class group. Then a few hours later I texted another msg to make it look obvious.

'Shit! Frwd by accident... I swear guys this isn't the truth'

Let's see how you explain this to your friends

I deleted the first text and not the second one purposefully for it to escalate. As I planned the text spread fast and created a commotion at his class group and soon he became a laughing stock.

A few hours later his phone rang up, knowing that it would be him I denied to pick up. Later I got a call from an unknown number and it was him.

"seriously you did that? Do you even know what that means?" he shouted at me

With his tone, I understood my plan was a super-duper success.

"you should actually thank me... I have helped you get your baby doll don't worry Rohan would accept you soon and also does the society", I teased him.

"oh is it I don't get my works done for free, I will repay you soon", he ended the call like he always does, but this time making me burst out into laughter.

****

The next day during the break hour Gautham called me.

"where are you?" he asked out politely to my surprise.

"at my class, why?"

After a minute he barged inside the class, walking towards me with a charming smile. 

so he does know how to smile, I guess the sayings are true even a bastard like him could look good with a smile on

On witnessing his smile for the first time, My heart fluttered for a second but As soon as he winked at me I came back to my senses.

" sweetheart you left the phone at my room last night," he said aloud as if I am standing a few miles away, walking further he quickly grabbed his phone from my hand and replaced it with mine.

 "catch you tomorrow evening", he walked off grinning wide

For a moment I was quite dumbfounded, 

what the hell is happening?

All my classmates were quite started just like me. With just a glance, I could tell some girls getting jealous of us, and some even mocked at me. On recalling his words for a while, only then I understood that he made me seem like his girlfriend so that the rumor I created about him would get vanish.