15. Moving on

When he was about to shoot us to our rescue the police arrived the spot just in time. "you were with me all this time but I never knew about it, when did you call the police? and how do they know our exact location?", the girl asked out in surprise while I just grinned back instead

"Anyway thanks a lot, you have saved my life" "oh, I am sorry, I forgot to introduce myself my name is Sherlin just call me Sherly", the girl introduced herself

"Nice meeting you Sherly, Don't worry I have filed case under my name against them, so you and your family will be out of it"

She smiled in relief and thanked me again. After a whole lot of chaos, we returned back to the party and all of them were shocked at the sight of me. Aravind panicked out and called off the party right away on witnessing me covered up with wounds. while on the other hand, my father blamed me for ruining the meet. Every time Aravind will be the one to save me from him but this time it was Sherly, she defended me and spoke out the truth not minding about herself.

She narrated the whole scenario to both of our families. while she feared her parents might make it an issue just like my dad, instead they cheered her up. They were one such parent who every teenager wishes to have.

Before they could shower me with the appreciation they took me to hospital. Although the wounds weren't deep I was admitted to the hospital for 2 days on my brother's insistence. Meanwhile, I and Sherly developed a good understanding between us. When Sheryl's friendship turned to love mine reminded the same. Sherly's family was also quite impressed by me, they wanted us to get married.

When I was discharged Sherly offered to take me out for a lunch as a small token of thanks. At the restaurant,

"I would like to ask you something?", Sherly asked out

"go ahead", I replied munching on the food 

"When did you learn to fight?"

The moment she uttered those words, memories of Keerthi flashed before me, yes it was the same words which Keerthi asked me when I rescued her. I was taken aback for a moment until Sherly shook me back to reality.

"with some previous experiences, I guess" I muttered turning back my attention to the food

****

After much commotion, I reasoned this incident as a security threat and got special permission to skip the regular classes and attended college only for examination, just to avoid meeting Keerthi.

On the other hand, Sherly and my family took the decision about our marriage and started discussing company shares and profit after marriage without asking our permission. When I came to know about the news through Sherly I didn't react to her rather I drove fast back home and yelled at my father.

"I know you would react this way but this decision was taken by your beloved brother Aravind", my father replied back

"He is not like you he would never make a decision about my life with business benefits-", within I could finish my dad started to laugh harder.

After a few minutes of uncontrollable laughter, he stated that "you still believe the same, even if you don't believe me, the truth is that he staked you in exchange of stocks, to pay the loss of uncle death" "don't forget that he is your cousin and not your own brother or dad to live for your sake"

Ignoring his words I headed straight to Aravind. As soon as he saw me, he shouted at me in the excitement,

"wow just now I thought about you and you came here on time come sit I would like to discuss our marriage"

"even I am here for that", I muttered

"I have arranged your marriage with Sherly and mine with Wincy, Sheryl's elder sister, are you happy!-"

"huh"

"oh come on Gautham! I know you both love each other. I also made all the arrangements from our side. our engagement is gonna be grand and guess what, we both will marry on the same day just like we wished. We are gonna marry sisters so there aren't going to be any issues after marriage also." he replied in excitement.

"But we are not christens how did they agree for the marriage?"

"They are least bothered about religion rather they are concerned about their daughters wish and from our side, you know about our father all he concerns is company's future and money. Once the marriage gets over the Company shares will be processed so all settled."

"do you like Wincy?", I asked stopping him.

"yes, of course, I fell for her the very first moment I saw her, I love her" he exclaimed with joy.

After hearing much, I could not interrupt him any further. I want to call off my wedding but not at the cost of my brother's happiness.

Later that day evening when Sheryl's family visited us for dinner, Sheryl's father asked me about the proposal all I could do was accepting it. The same day we also exchanged the ring and our family decided to postpone the marriage till we complete our studies and settle down.

p.s: while Gautham was at hospital Keerthi visited him but at that time he was in half-past sleep and Sherly was taking care of him. On witnessing it Keerthi was disheartened and left the hospital.