17. Strangers

Although I had already prepared the essentials in beforehand for the meeting I was mentally preparing myself to face it as I don't want to mess up my first work itself. As time passed sharply by 1 pm I heard a knock at the door cabin then followed by that a man entered the cabin. Much to my shock, it was Aravind, Gautham's brother.

"You!!", he exclaimed on seeing me. Wincy was puzzled by our reactions. When Wincy looked through his direction, I signed him not to reveal anything. understanding it he quickly covered up the situation by saying that, "it's just that I happened to see her couple of times helping others".

"Even now she got this job on helping me, I guess that's her nature" Wincy replied to him.

"Okay, you guys go ahead with the discussion, I will be back in a minute", saying so Wincy departed from there. I thanked him as soon as Wincy left us alone and he smiled at me in return.

When Wincy returned back we resumed our conversation about preparations to be done. While we were discussing often they mentioned Mumbai but I never had a clue that I will be accompanying her all the way to Mumbai for this wedding.

*****

"do you really have to go there?", Harini asked out

"Yup. No other go I have to organize everything so I must be there"

Bidding farewell to my family and friends I headed up to Mumbai with my boss. I knew we would travel by plane but I never thought it would be business class. Although I was amazed by the first time experience in business class my mind subconsciously started thinking about Gautham, I was sure that before his brother he will not marry but still the things I witnessed at his home kept on flashing before me then and now. Breaking my chain of thoughts, I leaned back and closed my eyes to take a nap.

*****

The car halted to a stop. Stepping out of the car, I gawked at the huge bungalow before me. After exchange of greetings, I was welcomed inside the bungalow along with my boss. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior. A long hallway led us to the living room which was larger than my whole apartment. Later a maid in that bungalow led me to the guest room on the second floor. My room looked like a five-star suite. As soon as I entered the room I jumped in the bed like a five-year-old kid until I fell down exhausted.

Later a message popped up my mobile from boss stating that "fresh up and come down to dining hall for dinner at 8". After getting myself some rest I hopped out of the bed at 7:30 and changed into some comfortable clothes. Satisfying with my appearance, I walked out of the room and descended the stairs. Sounds of giggles erupted from the dining hall as I trudged inside it. Wincy, Aravind, and few unknown people were sitting on the table facing their back to me.

"Keerthi, you are on the right time meet my sister Sherly and her fiancé Gautham", Wincy said motioning towards the couple who had now turned around.

Gautham!!! And who is she... I have seen her somewhere... oh! it's the same girl whom I saw with Gautham other day at the hospital

"and Sherly, meet Keerthi she is my new PA", Wincy said merrily.

Gautham just gasped at me open-mouthed. For a minute, both of us could not speak anything. After a few seconds of glaring at each other, he pulled out his hand for a shake and his voice was distant as if he didn't recognize me.

Seriously! Am I that easy to forget?

Adding more fuel to the fire, Wincy informed me that, I will be organizing their wedding too and they are gonna marry on the same day.

Why... why should it be him? Why does it happen to me always?

Cursing my luck I sat beside Wincy straight opposite to Gautham and Sherly. My eyes kept wandering to Gautham but he didn't cast a single glance at me. After dinner, all of us headed to our respective rooms. His room was at first floor right beneath my room, while he walked past me he didn't dare to glance at me for even once.

Changing into my pajamas, I collapsed on my bed. A heavy feeling settled in the pit of my stomach on reminiscing our memories. Tears threatened to burst out of my eyes as I tried not to let them out.

No, I won't cry, I am not gonna cry, why should I cry for him, he is nothing to me...

I was trying to compromise but then the dam broke down at last and tears rolled down my cheeks. My lids started to feel heavy. Somewhere in the midst of whimpers and hiccups, I succumbed to sleep.