Chapter 5

It was Jacon who saw them first. The southern rebels lined the walls strap with guns and ropes.

I was so caught up in my mind I just keep running and slammed right into a rebel.

"Princess." the rebel says with foul breath. I gag in my throat and accidentally spit on his shoe.

He grips his hands on my arms then lifts me up and throws me across the hall.

My head slams on the wall. Black dots line my vision, but I will myself to stay conscious for my family.

Jacon sprints in front of me then whispers in his ear. The rebel nods right before Jacon hits him in the jaw. A sickening crack erupts through the hall.

Everyone watches his eyes roll in the back off his head.

From a hit in the jaw?

Someone yells and attacks me.

A girl.

She pins me to the ground with her knees as she draws her gun.

With all my might I push her back and kick her side.

My goal is to injure, not kill.

She grips her side and crawls away into a nearby room.

I search the room for Jacon and see him take down the last rebel.

"Maple!" he yells motioning me forward.

We run down the hallway and stop at the saferoom.

I punch my fist through the picture.

I cry out in pain, feeling blood drip down my hand from my nuckles.

Jacon gives me a questioning look.

"I always wanted to do that." I say laughing the away pain.

He nods his head then laughs along with me as we enter the safe room. Quietly I lead the way. Finally I see a dim light and turn the corner. Sure enough everyone is tied up and gaged. 5 rebels guard the room. I find my parents and run toward them forgetting about the guards.

"Mom, dad." I choke out.

My moms eyes widen and I turn around and come face to face with a rebel.

"Sit down." He orders.

I don't move.

"SIT DOWN."

"Faren, come on be easy on her." Every head in the room turns to the voice standing behind Faren.

My heart stops when I see Jacon standing there smiling with his hand in his pocket.

"J-Jacon? What's going on?" I ask standing up.

"Well first off my name is Southern, not Jacon. that's just my cover name."

I am pretty sure all the blood drained from my face.

"Your a southern rebel?"

"My name isn't Southern for nothing."

Now everything makes sense.

The whispering to the rebel, being out of the safe room. Maybe the guard that came to my room one night was a rebel too and was proud of my choice on choosing Jacon/Southern to get closer to me.

Wise choice my dear. Wise choice.

"You see, Maxon and America, we don't want the castle gone we want Iléa gone."

My stomach twist up into a knot.

He turns to me then smiles the same smile I saw in my dream.

"And we will start with the princess."

A/N

Hey guys!!!! Thanks for the votes!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while school is starting and I have been busy.. It might be awhile in till I update again.

Thanks again, again!