Chapter 19

"Baby are you sure you don't wanna come with me and gloria? We're going to that new restaurant downtown" my mother spoke, excitedly.

I nodded my head while under the covers.

"Come on now Beyoncé, you've been stuck in this room, sobbing for the last past week" she tired to snatch the cover off my head.

I grabbed it and kept it over my head "Mom, I'm fine. Me and lelo are just going to stay here and catch up on some Netflix" I rubbed my dog who was sleeping next to me.

"If you don't get up and take a shower with your stank ass. Call aaliyah and y'all go to the mall or something. I don't know bey but you need to do something, baby. That man couldn't have had this big of an effect on you" she exclaimed.

I snapped my neck at her because me not being with him was definitely taking a toll on me.

"You know what, fine!" I got out of bed and went to my bathroom to start the shower.

"There you go saggy ass, be productive" she laughed and slapped my ass before walking out.

I rolled my eyes and said my goodbyes to her before hoping in the shower.

An hour later, I was ready and walking out the door to Aaliyah's car so we could head out to the mall.

"Dammnnn, is that my fine ass bestfriend lookin like a fine piece of cornbread?" She said loudly out her window as I walked to her car

I laughed and got in "bitch i ain't never seen you dress up like this, especially in no damn heels and we going to the mall" she started the car and drove off.

"Yeah, well...a man can change you, bestfriend" I said lowly.

"You like these?" Aaliyah asked me as she picked up a pink laced thong.

"No" I said bluntly and walked away to the next section.

"What do you like?" She asked with an eye roll.

"My man, Shawn Carter" I mumbled and looked at some more underwear.

"Well he's not your man anymore and that's why your with me. Now get your panties out a twist and buy these" she said and handed me the lace thong from before.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing them "I want a shirt out of here too, then we can head to the food court" I said

After a while of shopping in stores. We bought things while talking then headed to the food court where we got in line to order some Chinese food.

"Those cases over there are cute. Ima go look at them, I'll be back" aaliyah said to me and I nodded. 

I looked forward waiting to be served till I felt someone step on my shoe, trying to walk past.

"Excuse me miss" he said and tried to walk past "you're fine" I moved up a little so he could go past.

I looked back to see who he was but my eyes grew wide when I noticed who it was.