Double Trouble

(When our heroes are invited back to Darkly's Boarding School, they discover its a trap set up by Lord Garmadon and his evil replica ninjas.)

Season Two: Episode Three
Words: 1.7k

I watch as Lloyd struggles to harness his powers as the lightbulb in his hands explode. He yells, annoyed as he walks away. I decide to follow him.

————————————

I watch as he settles down again.

"Darkness and energy huh," I laugh, my voice cracking slightly, "pretty much the opposite," I say pulling out a lightbulb.

"Yeah," he chuckles grabbing it.
"You turned out pretty good," I look to Lloyd, tears welling up, "and I know I haven't been the greatest. I haven't taken care of you like I should."

"But I realized that with all the stuff dad put you through it's amazing what you're doing."

He gives me a smile, a small tear running down his face, "really," the lightbulb in his hands starts to glow.

"Yes, I'm glad. I'm glad you chose the right side. It may seem selfish of me to say that. And It may not seem like it but you did. ," I hold back tears, "I know I'm gonna hate it, you're going to hate it, dads going to hate it, but you're going to have to kill him," I softly sob as Lloyd hugs me, tears running down his face, "to save Ninjago City, to save everyone...it's worth it, " I look him in the eye, "i-I'm sorry I usually don't act like this, but recently I haven't been able to control my emotions. Sorry for putting this on you."

"No it's okay, I'm glad you did," I look up at him, "I love you sis."

"I love you too Lloyd ."
I watch as the lightbulb shines bright before dimming down.
"Good job," I wipe my tears, "now go see what the others are doing.
He nods to me, walking away.

—————————

"Hey (y/n)," I hear Cole call me as he walks into the room. I wipe the remaining tears off my face, "Yeah?"

"Lloyd's old school gave us this letter to come visit. Wanna tag along?"

I think for a minute, "yeah, sure, why not," I smile.
"You okay? You're kinda red in the face," he asks tilting my chin up towards him. I bite my lips as he looks at my face.
"Yeah, just tired, I was teaching Lloyd a few things," I say, "be right out!"

——————————

I start laughing as I hear the boys scream as Lloyd forgets to hold the reins still causing the dragon to go flying down.

I fly after them on Alastair. He roars happily and snorts at the others.
"Okay, not fair! Even Alastair is laughing at us," Jay yells making me laugh harder.

I continue laughing even after we land. Kai hits me, "How is that so funny?"
"I-it's just how you all s-screamed like little girls," I wheeze out, holding onto Cole as I bend over, Lloyd joining in as the boys pout.

I sniff and stop laughing as we enter the school, "Darkly's Boarding School for Great Children," I ask.
"Yeah, they seemed to change it one they saw Lloyd turn good," Kai fills me in.