Chapter-82

"We will miss you sweetie!"
Mr and Mrs Smith cry out while I hug them back.
I say,"Thank you to both of you. You gave me roof,food and a way to new life."
Both of them dab their eyes while I gave them a mug which had a photograph of three of us.
They looked at it with so much awe and smiled at me before hugging me again.
Bidding my greetings, I move to adjust my luggage in the cab.
It takes a few hours to reach Memorial and then the airport.
I drift away in my thoughts.
I wonder if Aditya saw the message or did he ignore it?
Maybe he read the whole thing or he got bored of it.
I wondered a lot of things before glancing at the fresh flowers I held.
As I reach the destination, I walk back to the same place where I met my Aditya not Mr Malhotra.
The guard doesn't stop me and instead gives me a sympathetic smile.
I acknowledge him,before walking inside.
Nothing has changed much. Some of the plants have grown and it looks like it is about to snow fall.
The air is chill inducing. But something surreal as I glance back at the board before I place the flowers.
After I place the flower, I say,"Hey Aunty,Remember me? I came with your son that day? I am Sara, your Sanjana's bestfriend's daughter."
I choke back a sob before I say,"I am going back today Mumbai. I don't know how mom will react. She thinks you are in some part of world,healthy,smiling and alive. I don't know anything how Saransh will react. For him,you were his favourite person. You know,he still has that tennis kit you gifted. He learnt to play it so when you might meet him,he will know how to use it."
I try to breathe and say,"I think I just confessed to your son. I don't know how he will react. I don't know why do we end up fighting like this is the final end of our relation. I..I ..I just want him to always remain happy. That's it."
I sit down trying to find my solace and peace as I stare at the memorial. I look back at the time and I decide that I need to reach airport. Susan has already reached the airport.
I wave back at the place before waiting for the airport.
*****

After a few hours, I finally reach the airport.
Susan smiles at my sight and says,"I am so excited!"
I laugh at her enthusiasm before I look around.
Susan notices that look and says,"I don't know if Bro is going to come or not. He wasn't there at home."
I only nod and gulp.
But before I can start walking, I hear Aditya say,"Wait!"
I turn back to look at him.
I am surprised at his sight. His hair looks dishevelled and his clothes seem like he hasn't gone to office.
He looks like he has ran a million miles.
Susan whispers,"I will wait." And she walks off in some corner while I walk towards him.
Aditya walks(more like ran) towards me and spoke,"I am sorry."
I stop at his words before I ask him,"What are you sorry for?"
Aditya runs his hand towards his hair before saying,"I don't know..I am sorry for lot of things."
I don't think much as I ask,"If you don't know what you are sorry for,how can I forgive you?"
He stares at me as he says,"I am sorry for being an idiot. I am sorry that I didn't trust you when I should have. I am sorry that because of me,you cried. I am sorry for crossing the line that day. I am sorry that I disappointed you."
I look at him as he speaks. He then takes my hand and speaks,"I don't want to end this. I know I haven't spoken much. I am a little less expressive but believe me,I do value our friendship. I did start doubting before that you won't remember me but I was wrong. You are still the beautiful person you always have been. "
I blink back the tears as he says,"Your letter shows that you are courageous. You were not afraid to give me a hand when we both knew I was wrong. I don't know about how your old self may have reacted but I know that you have built yourself on your own grounds. Thank you for taking a step forward."
Suddenly Susan comes and says,"Sara,our flight.."
Aditya says,"She is coming in two minutes.Please?"
Susan nods and walks away.
I just happen to say,"I am sorry too. I know it's hard to trust people but it's okay. I understand that your circumstances were not easy. I hope we will remember each other as fond memory."
Aditya nods and hugs me.
I don't know if I am saying goodbye to our friendship or what.
Suddenly as I am in his arms,everything seems okay.
It's like I found my solace.
His hands found their way to my hair and it seems to play with them. And I try to memorise how his scent does make me feel.
Suddenly I say,"Aditya,I need to tell you something."
As we step out of our hug,I do something reckless.
Something I would have never thought I would do.
I confess,"I like you Adi. And not as a friend,but as a woman likes a man."
I press a chaste kiss on his lips as he stood shocked before I walk away.
As fast as I could.
What have I done?