Chapter 11- The Winter Night

I woke up on Saturday morning, I looked at the clock that read 7:30, got out of bed and put on a pair of sweats and a baggy sweatshirt. I was about to walk out the door when Ash ran into me. "There you are! I was about to wake you up! We have to get ready!" she exclaimed pushing me out the door. I managed to grab a banana out the door. "Ready? We aren't meeting up with the group until 6:30!" I said yawning. "Yea I know but we have to go to our spa appointment at 8, then get our nails done at 10:30, then go to lunch, then go get our hair done at 2, and then go get our makeup done at 3! By then it will be 5 and we will have to go home and get dressed! So let's hurry!" she said pulling me to her car. I got in the front seat and turned on the radio. Soon, we were at the spa. I changed into a robe and went to the sanna with Ash. She rambled about how excited she was. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the steam. Then we got up and did this weird rock thing and they massaged our backs. I don't know what it was, but it felt good. We finally got done at the spa. I put my clothes on and then we ran to the car and drove to the nail salon. I decided to get acrylics. They painted them white and then they dipped them is glitter, so only my tips had grey glitter. It matched perfectly with my dress and the theme of the dance, Winter Wonderland. I looked over at Ash when I was getting my nails done to see she had too decided to do acrylics. Her nails were white and her ring finger had red glitter polish on it. "What does red have to do with Winter Wonderland?" I asked. "I thought of it two ways, I am the nice warm fire on a cold winter night, or Christmas." she said laughing a little. "Fire isn't red, it is orange." I said laughing. She laughed too. We let our nails dry, then we went to Chipotle for a quick lunch. Ash got a salad because she didn't want to get "bloated" and I got a cheese quesadilla. We ate our lunch, talking about the dance when Jessica walked in. My back was facing away from her, so I couldn't see her but Ash could. She warned me and then updated me on what was happening. Apparently, her and her friends were pointing at me, laughing.  I ignored Jess until I heard her say "Yea, Zen was going to ask me out, but his friend bet him $100 that he would ask her out." she said in a snarky tone. Then one of her friends said "Your so much better than her. He is probably trying to make you jealous and is going to come back to you on his knees begging for you back when you win homecoming queen." Her other friend nodded and they all let out a cackle. My face was hot, red hot. My eyes filled with hot tears I blinked them away and continued eating. But Ash was not having it, so she stood up and walked toward them. I swerved around to watch. "For your information, you got competition honey. There was a poll on Instagram asking who people wanted to win prom queen, Jessica Roberts or Paige Stockford. Paige over there has 58% of the school voting for her, you only have 42%. So I would shut up if I were you." she said flipping her hair walking away. I smiled and got up to throw away my trash when Jessica walked up to me and said under her breathe "No one will want to vote for a pig like you." she said walking away. I frowned and bit my tongue, trying not to say something. I grabbed my sisters arm and pulled her out to the car. We drove to the hair salon. Ash told me she was just getting a high ponytail and rapping a piece around the ponytail holder. I decided to get my hair in a braided bun with little sparkles in it.