Chapter 9- The Plan

I shot up in my bed. "Your telling me that, this girl shows up, and after talking to her for one day, you want to ask her to homecoming?" I asked in shock. James nodded. "James you haven't talked to each other in years! So much could go wrong!" I exclaimed. "We were meant to be Paige. This isn't like any other relationship, me and Nicole have something special. We always have and always will." James said, smiling at her name. I nodded and realized that James really cared about Nicole. "Fine, I will help you." I said. James hugged me "Thank you, thank you!" he exclaimed with joy. 

"Ok, so what does Nicole like?" I asked. I had a pen and my blue notepad out. "Well, she likes Sunflowers, her favorite color is yellow, and she has a German Shepard puppy."  James said. "That is enough, I already know what I am going to do." I said putting down my notepad. "Ok James, you are going to need to do something for me. You need to get Nicole's mom's number." I said, looking him straight in the eye. "Uh..Why? I mean I am sure my mom has it.." he said confused. "Because we are going to need her Mom in on it." I said. He nodded and I continued. "Ok so you are going to pick a date. Then your going to have to tell Nicole's mom to tell Nicole that she needs to take her dog for a walk. She will walk outside to find a sign that says Follow the Yellow Arrows. She will then, hopefully follow the arrows to the destination, which is a Sunflower field I know nearby. You will then be standing there, holding a sign that say Will you be my Sunshine at Homecoming?  with a bouquet of yellow sunflowers. So what do you think?" I said looking up to see James with his mouth hanging open nodding his head. "I am in." he said. James got the number of Nicole mom and I asked Ash to go to the store to pick up a yellow poster board, a black sharpy, and some fake sunflowers. I started to do my magic, writing the letters in cursive and hot gluing on the flowers when Zen walked in. His eyes went wide. "Your asking someone to homecoming?" he asked, his voice full of sadness. I laughed, the rolled over onto my stomach laughing. "What is so funny?" he asked. "No, I am not asking someone to homecoming. I don't even know if I am going to homecoming." I said, still giggling a little. "Then what is that," he asked pointing to the back of the door where my dress hang. "I bought it for pictures. I don't know if I am actually going to the real thing." I said, focusing on my work. "What if..someone asked you?" he asked. "Depends who the person is, and yea then I probably would go. I mean my sis would make me go if I was asked." I said chuckling a little. He smiled then said "Well I will let you get back to your work. Who is that for?" he asked curiously. "It is for James. He is asking Nicole." I said. Zen's eyes went wide and then he sniffled. I looked up, confusion in my eyes. "My baby boy is growing up." he said sniffling one more time. I laughed as he walked away. James walked in and then said "We are doing it tomorrow." I nodded and looked at my finished product. I handed it to James, "Put this in your room, make sure it doesn't get ruined or dirty. I will help you tomorrow." I said pushing him out so I could get changed and go to bed. I go into my pjs and fell asleep, dreaming of tomorrow and my plan.

School had finished and it was about time for my plan. I set up all the posters, put James in his spot. Now we just had to wait. I was on my phone, outside hiding in a bush ready to film the whole thing. I watched Nicole read the sign and then saw her follow the yellow arrows. I stood up, pushed play on my camera and followed her cautiously. I could see the sun flower field and that James was in his spot and I got excited. She picked up her dog, walked toward the field and then fell to her knees when she saw James. She started to cry and then got up, still holding the dog and hugged him. She stepped back and then James said his line, which we had rehearsed MULTIPLE times. "Nicole, I know we just started talking again but I have missed you in my life and I could never stand the fact to lose you again. So, will you do me the honor and be my Sunshine at homecoming?" James asked smiling. She nodded, put her dog down, stepping on the leash and gave him a hug. She then cupped James's face with her hands and kissed him. I looked away and stopped the video. Her foot came up and it was like a movie. Only, she picked the foot up that was holding her dog in place. The dog took off, jumping in the fields. They broke apart and laughed, running around trying to catch the dog. "Max! Come back here!" she yelled happily. I walked away, feeling happy, my work here was done.