Chapter 5- Tutor Session

The first part of the day went by fast and before I knew it, it was lunch. I grabbed a grilled chicken sandwich and sparkling water then headed over to the girls. They were sitting at the usual table. I sat down and started to dig into my sandwich when I looked up and saw them all looking at me and smiling, jumping up and down. With food in my mouth, "What?" I asked. They all laughed. "We have some good news for you," Kate said excitedly. The other girls nodded. I put my sandwich down and looked up at them, tilting my head in confusion. "What is it?" I asked. "We are trying out for cheer!" Kanna exclaimed. My eyes went wide. "I am not trying out for cheer, no way," I said in a stern tone. They all laughed. "Not you silly, WE are, as in me, Kanna, and Kate," Aj explained. Relief came across my face. "Yea, I am more of a softball player," I said laughing a little. "We know!" they all said. We all started laughing, then the bell rang. I threw my trash away and went to class.

I sat down in my usual seat next to James. "Hey, so you and Zen huh?" he said. I looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?" I asked taking my head. "I saw you get out of his car yesterday," he said looking down at his phone. "Ok..so?" I asked. "So...is there anything going on between you guys?" he asked. I slammed down my book I was reading, "No! No there is nothing going on between us." I said angrily. I got up and moved to another seat.

The rest of the day was fine and next thing I knew, I was sitting in the library waiting for Zen to show up to his session. It had been 10 minutes, so I gathered up my stuff and right when I was about to get up and leave, Zen was sprinting down the hall. I watched him run right into the door, thinking it was a push. Turns out it was a pull and he ran into the door, fell backward. At this point, I was laughing hysterically. He came over sat down and said: "We never talk about this." I nodded in agreement and we started to work on his homework. He was doing good until a girl came up to the table. I looked up and in front of me was the most popular girl in the school, Jessica Roberts. Jessica was a medium sized blonde. She had gorgeous blue eyes that could make any boy fall in a minute. She had muscular legs and a perfect body. She also was rich since her Dad owned part of the Marriott. She was basically every guy's dream girl. Zen looked up at her. "Hey cutie," she said obviously flirting with him. "Hey," he said. "So do you maybe want to hang? I got a nice bed you know," she said winking. I think I threw up a little in my mouth. "I'm busy right now," he said focusing on his work. She frowned and then pushed his paper out of the way and sat down on the table, lifting his chin. Then she said, "Baby I miss you." "You cheated on me," he said looking up at her. "And I have said I'm sorry. Here will this make up for it?" she asked then kissed him on the cheek. I looked at the clock, thankful to see that Zen's tutor session was over. I got up and smiled. "Well, your session is over. So I'm going to go now and leave you alone. Have fun.." I said walking away. I walked quickly to the car where I called Ash to come to pick me up. "Are you ok? You sound like you have been crying?" she said over the phone. "Yes, I'm fine just please come pick me up," I begged. "Ok, I am coming." Just as Ash pulled up I saw Zen running out of the building toward me. I jumped into the car and drove off with tears in my eyes.