Chapter 12- The Picture

Ash woke me up around 7 so I could sleep in. I got up, threw a pair of sweats on and a big hoodie. I put my hair up into a messy bun, grabbed a quick bowl of cereal and ran out to the car. Ash looked at me and said "Must have had been a bad night last night, huh? Why don't you put some of this on." she said handing me a tube of mascara. I shrugged and put it on. We arrived at school, Ash and I were walking to our lockers when I found something was off. Everyone was standing at my locker. I assumed there was some sort of fight Ash and I pushed our ways, what we saw was not a fight. There was a picture of me and Zen kissing. The picture said It is always the ones you never expect. I gasped and hot tears ran down my face. Ash touched my back and then ran through and grabbed the paper, tearing it up. I pushed through the crowd, toward the bathroom. Ash was following me, but I ran into someone. I looked up to see Zen "Woah, Woah, woah, what happened?" he asked me. I walked passed him and looked back to see Ash hand him the picture. She was standing there waiting for him to uncrumple it. When he finally straightened it up, he got up on a table and yelled "Can I have everyone's attention, please! If I hear or see anyone talking about this picture I will deal with you myself. And for your information NOTHING HAPPENED!" he yelled. He then goes off the table, Ash came up to him and clapped. "Good job Zen," she said. I walked into the bathroom to see Jessica fixing her makeup. "Why did you do that?" I asked. "Do what?" she said innocently. "Oh, you know what I am talking about. I never even did anything to you!" I exclaimed. "Yes, I know what you're talking about but it wasn't me. I may have had someone do it for me but I physically did not do that. Plus you deserve every ounce of pain I am about to give you." She said walking up to me. She looked me dead in the eyes and punched me straight in the face. My face throbbed. I took a swing at her and managed to hit her in the boob, but it didn't phase her for I was weak and couldn't punch at the moment. I was off balance and she hit me in the gut multiple times. I couldn't feel any of my body. I was weak and she threw me to the ground. I hit my head HARD on the ground. She then proceeded to kick me multiple time. I sobbed in pain. She bent down and whispered in my ears "Don't think you can come here and take my legacy from me, my boyfriend, my crown." She threw my head to the ground and walked out. I was laying on the floor and could see blood streaming from my nose. I was half blacked out. Suddenly AJ walked in. She screamed and bent down. I could feel her cold hands on my neck checking my pulse. I could hear her acrylics typing on her phone and next thing I know I hear running footsteps. Kanna, Kate, and Ash walked in and I could hear the boys talking outside. They all rushed in and started to clean me up. One of my eyes was half swollen shut. They turned me over onto my back and started talking to me. "Paige are you ok?", "Who did this to you?" I tried sitting up but fell backwards. "I..will.answer qu..questions later." I said stuttering. They helped me up and walked me out. I looked up at Zen who was bright red and had his fists clenched. I started to sob. I lost my balance and he caught me. I leaned into his chest, covering his white shirt with blood. He stroked my hair and whispered in my ear "It is going to be ok." I nodded. He picked me up into a cradle position. I wrapped my weak arms around his neck and leaned my throbbing head on his chest. Once in a while, he would kiss the top of my head. We finally got to the nurse's office where he sat me down. The nurse came running over and asked what happened. Zen explained what happened then left to tell the principal. The nurse tended to my pain then asked: "Who do you want me to call." I sighed "I live with my sister and her boyfriend and his roommates. My dad is an alcoholic. I said. She nodded then said "You poor girl. I trust Zen and your sister to take you home. I will get the office to excuse you both from school the next two days." I nodded and thanked her. SHe wheeled me out in a wheelchair to Ash's car. Zen lifted me up into the back seat then go in himself. I laid my head on his shoulder.

When we got home, Zen picked me up out of the car and helped me to the bathroom. He filled the tub with hot water and then walked out. I got undressed, sliding into the hot water. I started to scrub my body which was covered in blood. After about 30 minutes, Ash knocked. I hid behind the curtain and yelled come in. "Hey, I got a clean pair of clothes and Zen wanted me to give you this," she said handing me a clean pair of black sweats and one of Zens hoodies. It was a Grey Spitfire hoodie. I put on his soft hoodie, taking in the smell of his cologne. I walked out and laid on the couch turning on the bachelor. Zen walked in with grilled cheese. He gave me mine and smiled. "Glad to see you're wearing my gift," he paused, "Please tell me we are not watching this!" he said putting his head back. I shook my head no. "We are watching To all The Boys I Have Loved Before," I said turning it on. "What is that?" he asked. I looked at him and yelled, "YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE MOVIE?" "Nope, have you ever heard of Creed?" I shook my head. "Ok, we are watching both of these movies today." He said taking out his hand to shake on it. I shook his hand but he didn't let go. Instead, he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arm around me. I snuggled into his chest. We watched the movies and then fell asleep on the couch, cuddling each other. I was half asleep when multiple people walked in.m I heard the voices of my friends and the boys. I didn't wake up until Zen rubbed my back. I looked up and he smiled. "Hey we have a surprise for you," Ash said. All of my friends stepped apart to reveal the best surprise ever.