Chapter 7- Homecoming Shopping

The next day, Ash and I went dress shopping for her. She tried on dress after dress and after what seemed like the 200th dress, she found the one. It was a short, flowy red dress that had a lace V neckline and a cutout back. 

When Ash came out in it, she instantly knew "This is the one," she said

When Ash came out in it, she instantly knew "This is the one," she said. I nodded, "You look amazing in it." I said. She smiled and then turned to me. "Now it is time to find you a dress," she said excitedly. I shook my head, "No I don't even think I am going to go to homecoming plus I am broke." I said shaking my head. She smiled devilishly and then held up a credit card. "Who's is that?" I asked in shock. I never thought of Ash as a stealer. She smiled "I may or may not have snuck back to the house and find dads credit card." I laughed and shrugged. She then pulled me to the dress section and started looking for me. She held up dress after dress. I was looking around when I saw Jessica Roberts and her two other friends Amber Smith and Phoebe White. They all stopped and started whispering in each other's ears pointing at me. Ash looked up and whispered "Is that Jessica Roberts? What does she want to do with you" Ash asked. "She is Zen's ex, she thinks me and him have a thing and is jealous." She nodded "I have also heard that you have a chance of winning homecoming queen." Ash said. I looked up in surprise. "Really?" I asked in shock. "Mhm, she is coming over," Ash said. "Hey ladies," Jessica said, "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Shopping for dresses just like you," Ash said. "Oh no I meant, why on this store. isn't it a little...expensive for you?" she asked snickering with her friends. Ash was bright red at this point. So I jumped in and said "Don't worry about us, why don't you go find a dress that makes you look even sluttier. Would have for them to run out." I said grabbing Ash's arm and walked away. I looked behind me and saw them with there mouth hanging open. That should make them leave us alone for a while. I thought to myself.

Ash and I searched for a dress for me. She picked out dress after dress, I tried on dress after dress and we were about to give up when I saw the one. It was a baby blue dress that had jewels all over the top. It was flowy and had a cutout back.

 It was flowy and had a cutout back

Ash looked at me and saw my eyes wide. She nodded laughing then said, "That is the one, isn't it?" I nodded "Yea, it is." I said with a smile. "Then I guess you're going to Homecoming aren't you?" I laughed and nodded grabbing the dress. We went to the fitting room and I tried it on. It fit perfectly as if it was meant for my body. After buying our dresses we went to shoes. I got white heals for pictures and decided to wear my white Vans during the dance. Ash got nude heels and decided she was going to wear her red checkered Vans. "Are we done yet?" I asked. Ash shook her head no and said: "No we have to go get you your own makeup!" She dragged me to Sephora where she matched my skin tone and got me all the necessary products. She then took me to a girl who laid me down and waxes my brows. I had waxed my brows before so it didn't hurt. Then she went to a nail salon and hair salon, scheduled two appointments. We finally finished our day and we wet to Starbucks. Ash ordered a Carmel Macchiato with Soy and I ordered my usual, Pink drink. I looked out the window, sipping my drink smiling. For some reason I had a good feeling homecoming wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.