8

Group Chat: Shiro, Keith, Allura, Coran

Shiro: How is Lance holding up?

Keith: not good, he won't leave his room and insists we keep the door locked

Allura: he's still afraid with Lotor being on board?

Coran: of course he is! after being kidnapped twice I'd be worried if he wasn't scared

Keith: he just wants to stay in bed for now. I'm letting him. i'm trying to keep him entertained and in a good mood. it seems to be working. I'll make sure to get him out for dinner.

Shiro: keep us updated if the situation changes

Keith: i doubt it will but okay

Group Chat: Shiro, Pidge, Hunk

Shiro: how are those security protocols coming?

Hunk: we've reinforced lotor's cell to be three times as strong

Pidge: in an hour lance's room will be the most secure room in the castle. on the offchance lotor escapes, we want to make sure lance isn't within his reach.

Hunk: I suggest we make sure Lance is escorted at all times for his own safety, he shouldn't be alone

Shiro: I highly doubt Keith is going to leave his side any time soon. keep up the good work guys

Pidge: one more thing, I ran some more tests on the remains of the cuffs Lance was in. apparently they were specially made to stay bonded to Lance until Lotor decided to release him

Hunk: the bomb in it was just a failsafe in case he ended up in a situation like this

Shiro: how was it bonded to lance? i don't understand

Pidge: those cuffs have DNA memory. they would have come off much easier if they were placed on one of us, i would've just hacked into them and unlocked them that way. but for some reason the cuffs recognized Lance's DNA and made sure they couldn't be removed without Lotor's DNA. they were programmed specifically for Lance.

Hunk: and there were two options for lotor to choose from when we Pidge took Lance to make lotor remove them. unlock or detonate. obviously he chose detonate so he could make his escape.

Pidge: he made those cuffs specifically for lance. he's more than fixated on him. he's obsessed. i doubt he'll stop fighting, even if we have him in custody. he'll take any chance he gets to get to lance again. which is why we're upping the security on lance's bedroom.

Hunk: I'm currently changing the unlocking mechanism to be a handprint reader. Currently only Lance, Keith, and I have access to Lance's room. I'll program the rest of our handprints in later. I also added a feature on the inside. there's a screen with a list of our names, lance can choose who he wants to lock out. and in order to set the lock out settings, he has to use his handprint to verify he's the one making those decisions. I wanted him to have control over who is able to enter his room. he says he feels safer with this system. and if one of us tries to enter his room but he's set it to lock us out, his screen will light up and show the name of which of us is trying to enter. then he can decide if he wants to let us in or not.

Shiro: That's amazing Hunk

Pidge: we were thinking that over time we should integrate this system into all our bedrooms

Shiro: good idea, but that's not a priority right now.

Hunk: right, our priority is to protect lance

Shiro: you two just keep up the good work and update me if you have any other ideas to secure lance's safety. all other ideas can wait until this is sorted out

Pidge: got it