13 - "I Belong to Nobody."

13 – "I Belong to Nobody."

Dean had taken them to yet another shabby motel. The silence between them was almost...tense. Like there were some unspoken words that had yet to come out.

For Selina, this was certainly true. She couldn't ascertain the same from Dean; she was no mind reader. His face was hard to read as well.

So when the two demons found themselves in a rather small room that smelled of mold, instead of celebrating with sex, they stood in silence. Dean prodded the tips of his fingers with the jagged knife he'd stolen from Sam.

"Does that really hurt us?" Selina asked lowly, keeping an eye on the blade.

"It does. So do angel blades, like the one Cas carries," Dean said gruffly. "Didn't have enough time to pillage his."

"I guess it's not a bad thing. One demon-killing weapon is off the board for them. I gotta ask: how come we didn't leave a body trail?"

"Hmm?"

Selina slowly paced in the cramped room. "We had all those chances to kill them, apparently with the perfect weapons. Yet, we left them with a bad headache to wake up to. What happened to wanting those albatrosses off your back?"

"It's not the right time."

Selina stared Dean down, temporarily stopping her pacing. "What?"

"You heard me."

"How was that not the right time to kill them, Dean? We had the advantage!"

"There're gonna be more chances, Selina."

"If this is about you going soft—"

Dean closed the gap between them. Selina was not shoved into the nearest wall, though Dean's green eyes—which were currently black now, out of apparent anger—suggested there was still time for that to happen. "You're one to talk about soft, Selina."

"I'm not anymore, Dean. I can't help but wonder if our roles are reversing, and you're becoming the pathetic excuse of a demon."

"I didn't take mercy on them."

"I think you did." Selina felt the urge to spit on Dean. In turn, she flashed her own black eyes. "Waiting for 'the right time' may be never with you. I guess you're not full of the black abyss like you were acting out to be. Say you were biding your time, what exactly was the game plan?"

"We can't tackle both at the same time. Gotta take out the biggest gun first, then..."

Selina squinted. "See? You're losing your murderous edge." She grabbed his arm, the one that bared the red Mark of Cain. "What's the point in having this if you won't fully utilize it and see what it can make you do? If you don't want to kill them—"

Selina found herself shoved into the wall, with Dean blocking her way out. She felt the tip of the jagged knife poking into her stomach. "I do want to kill them."

"Then cut this bullshit with 'biding your time', and let's go fucking do it! But you gotta put that knife away if you want me to help you get them off you once and for all." For her sake, she wished he'd do so soon. Being held at knife point, by a weapon that could potentially be fatal to a demon, was making her nervous. It was the first time she'd felt like she was in any real danger since being assigned to watch over Dean.