11 - Dean's Advocate

11 – Dean's Advocate

Selina screamed in pain as holy water was tossed on her face. It felt like acid on her skin. For a fleeting moment, she'd thought she was trapped in Hell all over again. That she had failed her most simple assignment. Lissa squealed. She's deemed me unfit in the field. Fuck me.

As Selina thrashed, she realized that she was held down in a chair, stuck in some sort of trap. That was a good indicator she wasn't back in her torture chamber; she had never once been strapped down.

Sam Winchester and Cas were standing before her. Another clear indication the King hadn't considered her a failure and brought her back home. Well, he might soon if word gets out of this.

"You're definitely not the first face I wanted to see," Selina commented bitterly. "By the way, don't do that again."

"Can't guarantee that," said Sam gruffly.

Selina looked around. It was no Hell dungeon, but it wasn't an upgrade. "Where's Dean?"

"He took off, left you behind," said Cas.

"I'm gonna kill him for that."

"Yeah, killing him isn't the goal here," said Sam. "You're gonna tell us what we want to know."

"Straight to the point. Okay. Look, guys, I don't know Dean like you do. The only things I know he's a ruthless killer, and a monster in bed." For this, Selina was showered in more holy water. "Fuck. I seriously don't know anything!"

"Why were you together?"

"Demons can't roll together?"

"They usually don't. Things get messy," Cas commented.

"Oh, like an angel would know that from experience."

"If by experience you mean witnessing such a thing, then yes, I would know it from experience."

"We were having a good ole time until you came in and screwed things up."

"Actually, you screwed things up by kidnapping me." Sam kept the lid off the holy water flask. "You shot yourself in the foot on that one."

"I didn't know who you were. Like I said, happy accident."

"What were you doing with my brother?"

"Well, if you're a hunter, you ought to know what we've been up to. Country-wide trip, murder sprees as far as the eye can see. We're cutting down the human population, you're welcome."

"Nobody asked for that."

"Yeah, well, people don't ask for a lot of things and still wind up with shit."

"What's your motive?"

"No motive." Selina held her head high. "We ran into each other, the partnership started ever since."

"And he let you live this long?" asked Cas.

Selina shrugged. "What can I say? I've got charm."

"Is Dean planning something?"

"He just wants to be left alone, fellas. That's all. He wants to be left alone to kill as he pleases. Is that such a terrible thing to request?"

"Yes," said Sam and Cas in unison.

"I can't help you," Selina repeated. "As I said, I don't know much about Dean Winchester. But I do know this: He doesn't want you slowing him down. Take the hint. He's embracing his new life. It's best to leave people alone when they're happy."