Misunderstandings!

Buneary continued to hug Pikachu through the confused glares Sylveon shot her and Pikachu's obvious discomfort. "Um... Buneary. Nice to see you... again." Pikachu struggled to find words to say.

Sylveon continued to stare unconsciously at the Rabbit Pokémon, having literally no idea of what was going on.

"But could you let go of me? I'm starting to lose oxygen—" Ash's loyal companion told her, as he gently but very firmly pulled away from her hug.

"Of course, Pika! I wouldn't want to hurt you..." Buneary answered with an innocent smile, but not moving an inch away from him. Then her head finally turned to Hana. "Who's this?"

"I should be the one asking that... why haven't I ever heard of her? Pikachu and this Pokémon... they seem very close," Hana mused to herself, pink ears lowering with hurt.

"That's Hana. My mate," Pikachu told her immediately; his voice went from grim to cheerful instantly.

"Mate?! You mean, you... You..."

"Yeah. I got married."

Buneary's ears shot up with a sharp flich caused by a mix of shock, denial and disgust. He really was brainwashed!

Whatever this Sylveon used on him, it hit him bad. "But, Pikachu... why did you marry another girl?" she questioned, an extremely saddened frown on her face.

"What do you mean another girl? There's no other girl for me, Buneary." Pikachu tilted his head, oblivious or at least pretending to be.

The pink and white Pokémon behind him finally stepped out, a bit nervously. "H-hello. Your name must be Buneary, right? Nice to meet you," she said, bowing slightly in a polite manner.

Buneary dismissed her with a wave of her brown paw and held Pikachu's red cheeks intently, staring into his sepia brown eyes. "Pika... how could you do this to me? You still love me, right?!"

Pikachu began choking. "Still love you?! Wha—"

"He clearly suffers from memory loss," Buneary interrupted him, not really paying attention to what he had to say.

She shook her head solemnly, as if mourning her love's former self. "Don't worry, Pika, I'll release you from this evil, pink witch's spell. Even if it's the last thing I do!"
-

"You came here last night 'cause you didn't have a place to sleep?" Ribbon clarified, tilting her head slightly.

"Yeah, sorry for that, but otherwise I don't know where we could have stayed..." The shiny Zorua scratched the back of his head apologetically.

Ribbon smiled at him sweetly. "It's fine. By the way, have you seen two other Pokémon? My friends Sanda and Sparky..."

"Huh, no, sorry," Zorua answered. "You're the first one we see here."

"Oh..." Ribbon nodded and slowly walked away before turning to her four paws and running, trying to find the shiny Pichu and Jolteon. "S-Sanda... Sparky. I hope you guys are okay!" she thought.
-

"Bow-Eared Pichu?" the old Sparky questioned, surprised by her sudden appearance in front of him.

"Sparky! I've been looking for you, sir! So you were here in the forest all the time. What were you doing here?" Ribbon asked the elder, whose face was unusually blank.

Sparky heaved a deep sigh. "Sanda isn't anywhere to be seen... he usually leaves for the city but I just came back from there and didn't find a trace of him," he explained to her.

What could Sanda possibly be doing at these hours? "You have no idea where he went?" The Pichu with a bow in her ear inquired, filled with worry.

"I have a theory… but I'm not completely sure," the Jolteon replied.

"Really?"

"It has to do with that Raimei he seems so fond of."
-

"Buneary, you're getting the wrong idea!" Pikachu exclaimed, scowling uncharacteristically at her. "Don't call Hana that. She's the best Pokémon I've met in my whole life! She's beautiful, strong, brave and her magic is one of a kind…"

The Electric-type's eyes turned to Serena's Sylveon, who smiled joyfully at him. He continued, "I chose her."

"Oh. My. Arceus. Pikachu has NEVER said something like that to me! If I don't hurry up it'll be too late... Poor Pika!" Dawn's Buneary scratched her chin, concerned.

Sylveon leaned down and kissed Pikachu on his left cheek, to which he chuckled at, amused. Pikachu's black-tip ears suddenly perked up as he remembered something. "Oh, right!"

"I have to go now." He nuzzled into Sylveon's neck with a wide smile and nodded at Buneary as goodbye as he left running afterwards.

"Where is he going?!" the brown bunny asked Sylveon, clearly angered.

"It's a business of his. He says it'll help find Ribbon," she paused for a bit as she mentioned the name. "And it is his responsabili—"

"Ribbon? Who's that?" Buneary questioned, eyes narrow.  "Another girl?! What the heck has happened to my Pikachu?" she mused, a glare written all over her.

Not glancing back at Hana, she turned around, stomping her way over to the Electric rat. She needed to have a talk with Pika and ask why he was acting so weird. He was never like this before.
-

Shuffling was heard inside a wide set of bushes in the wilderness, a little Pichu of red cheeks and golden pelt raised his head with enthusiasm. When he reached his mentor he bowed his head deeply with respect.

Pikachu ruffled the young kid's head and smiled at him, friendly as usual.

Sanda frowned. "I thought you wouldn't arrive today, teacher! I've been waiting since dawn!"

"I don't break promises," Pikachu responded, swaying his mighty tail in the air and walking past him.

"Raimei..." Sanda's lips quirked into a smile but his eyes gave out how nervous he was. "You know all I want is to be like you!"

Pikachu stood silently before answering. "Sanda... please don't call me that. I've told you."

"Right! Right! The past stays in the past… right?" the shiny Pichu pleaded to Ash's Pokémon.

Pikachu's grin returned and he nodded, but as he glanced up at the sky his eyes filled with worry. "We still haven't found her... I'm starting to become very worried."

Sanda's ears lowered with emphaty. "I wish I knew your daughter, Raimei, she sounds like a great Pokémon..."

Pikachu hummed absent-mindly. "She is a great Pokémon..." he corrected him. "And calling me Raimei again?" His head snapped around, scaring Sanda for a second.

"I-I mean, teacher!"

"Just Pikachu. That's what I am." The yellow Pokémon sighed in exasperation.

He nudged playfully at the child and walked next to him. "Let's start training already..." He signaled to the Pichu and they got into the positions to learn new battle moves and practice inside the circle of bushes.

"And Sanda."

"Eh, yeah?"

"If you find Ribbon, please... Tell her we love her and miss her a lot at home."

"I promise!"
-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟