Close to the truth

After Bonnie's inspiring words, everyone couldn't help but feel more hopeful, not to mention more eager to work on Ribbon's missing case.

"Hey," Pikachu called the hare Pokémon near him, "You're the one who last saw Ribbon, right?"

"Yeah..." Bunnelby sighed, clearly feeling guilt. "I'm so sorry一"

"You don't have to apologize, Bunnelby..." Pikachu interjected, giving him reassuring eyes. "What matters now it's looking for clues and finding her," he stated with newfound determination.

His grey friend gave him a nod. "You're right... I just wish I could have reacted faster... if I knew this would happen..." he muttered regretfully.

He felt Hana lay one of her feelers over his shoulder to comfort him, which made him turn back to Pikachu, regrets aside. "I'll tell you which direction she went!"

Bunnelby turned on his feet and signalled Pikachu and Sylveon to follow him, which they immediately did.

"Oh, where are they going?" Clemont asked, confused, as he adjusted his glasses. Bonnie glanced at the trio running away and became alarmed.

"Do you think they're escaping, too?!" she questioned.

"No... I think we should go after them," Ash replied with certainty. "Maybe they wanna tell us something..."

"You're right!" Serena agreed, cerulean eyes widening. "C'mon guys!" She quickly indicated the group to follow her lead.

After running for quite a while until reaching the Pokémon Center's entrance garden, the group came to a halt.

"Huh? Bunnelby?" The smart, blond-haired kid looked down on his companion with curiosity.

"Bun! Bunnelby! (There! That's were she went!)" the Pokémon answered to his trainer, pointing a paw at some green strawberry bushes in front of them.

"He's trying to say something, isn't he?!" Bonnie realised, running after him with speed and setting herself on the ground, inspecting the small tree.

She aparted the leaves from each other and searched the grass. "Footsteps! Really, really small... they look like a Pokémon's feet!" Clemont's little sister exclaimed, making everyone run to surround her and Bunnelby.

"It's true!" Ash beamed, patting Bonnie on the back for her discovery with a grin.
"The footsteps seem like they belong to a baby Pokémon..."

Soon everyone understood what that meant. "Pichu! It was her! She must have gone through here!" the raven-haired boy explained.

Ash's loyal companion jumped on the boy's shoulder as usual, sniffing around for his daughter's scent. "Ri... Ribbon..." he murmured, feeling the sentiment of hope again.

"Ribbon!" Serena's Sylveon exclaimed with joy. "I feel we're closer to finding her, Pikachu..." she told her mate happily.

Pikachu nodded firmly. "Yeah! Soon, she'll be back home!"

"What are we waiting for? Let's go look for more footsteps!" Ash commanded, pointing at the distance in front of them. "Who knows where the trail ends?"

"Thank you, Bunnelby!" Bonnie chirped gladly, nuzzling the Pokémon. "You're so helpful!"

 "You're so helpful!"