Pichu's Path as Princess

(20)

Ribbon panted continuously as she ran through Eeveelution Forest, it had been a while of running now, and she knew she had to find the palace before it was too late. Ribbon didn't know much of her royal blood except of what her mother had told her before.
-

"Ribbon... do you want me to tell you a story before you fall asleep?", Hana asked her small daughter as she held into the covers of her bed comfortably. "Huh? Sure, mama", the Pichu answered, a bit confused as the Sylveon rarely told her bedtime stories to begin with, as she was mostly busy in Performances and showcases.

But tonight was a lucky night for them both as she had enough free time to tuck her into bed while Pikachu battled with Greninja and Hawlucha.

"Mama, what's the story about?", she questioned curiously with a soft smile as she looked up at the Sylveon. "The story is about.. our family", the latter responded, hesitating a bit.

"Then, it's a real story?".

"Of course".

Ribbon put her hand to her mouth, thinking, "Hm... who is our family apart from Papa, and Ash and Serena? T-there's also Uncle Bunnelby, Mister Greninja, Braixen, Pancham--". Hana giggled, "Yeah, we have lots of family. And that includes your Grandpa Blacky, and your Grandma Eifie, my cousin Shynee, she was a good friend of mine...".

"Whoa, that's a lot of Pokémon!", Ribbon exclaimed, surprised as her blue eyes lit up. "Just like I said, and this family of ours lives in Kanto, while we live here in Kalos", Hana told her, glancing away.

"But why, mama? They're our f-family...".

"Because your papa and I decided we were gonna live different lives that they did...".

"What kind of lives?".

"They're... Ribbon, we're...", Serena's Sylveon couldn't bring herself to say it out of nervousness; she couldn't know what Ribbon would say after this, "We're royalty".

A long minute of silence went by.

"What...? W-w-whaaaaat?!", Ribbon's squeaky voice shouted, totally confused, "W-wa-wait, mama, I'm a princess?!", she desperatly held into one of her mother's ribbons.

Hana's eyes widened before narrowing, "W-well, actually, I am the princess... or at least I was. I-I gave the throne to my cousin, the second-in-line, so I could live a peaceful and normal life with your father".

"So we're not r-royalty anymore?!".

"N-no... I'm sorry if that's what you wanted, sweetie. B-but I never wanted to be a princess... Shynee had more royal character than me. I wouldn't rule as well as her", she chuckled nervously.

"...I-it's okay, mama... I'm glad you weren't forced to do something you didn't want to...", the Pichu reassured her, but Hana noticed Ribbon DID look disappointed not to be royalty after all.
-

Ribbon sighed at the memory: if she were actually a princess, she wouldn't feel so useless after all. She'd have a certain future to look forward to, where she wpuld be able to help all kinds of Pokémon... whether strong or not.

But, oh, well. She was glad her mom didn't feel preassured, and was able to live happily as she wanted... but maybe this happiness wasn't for everyone...

"Huh?", she lifted her head, glancing around her; she suddenly found herself surrounded by bright green, soft grass and a wide blue sky above her, not only that but when she looked down, she saw very familiar kinds of Pokémon, those she was related to: Eevee Evolutions.