Chapter 20 | The Realization: Part 2

After the roller coaster, you and Tsukishima head to a gift store full of merchandise. You squeal pointing at lined up bear ear headbands. 

"I'm not wearing that," Tsukishima says.

"But what if I..." You take the brown ear head band and lift it.

"No,"

"And just..." You stand on your toes, lowering it.

"No," Tsukishima backs up.

"Pwease, you'll look so pwettyyyy" You tease.

"...Fine" Tsukishima says after a moment of hesitation.

"Yay!" You adjust the headband onto Tsukishima and pick one for yourself. "Let's take a picture!" You grab his phone.

"Woah, woah," Tsukishima snatches his phone back.

"Cmon! My phone died!" You jump for the phone Tsukishima holds up.

"What do you even need it for?"

"Memories?" You lower your arm with the phone in your hand. You hold out the phone to fit you and Tsukishima in. Tsukishima holds up a peace sign with a neutral face while you smile with a peace sign. You take multiple ones with you doing different poses while Tsukishima stays still. 

"Okay thats enough" You put the phone back in his hands. "Send those to me later"

Tsukishima groans and puts his phone back in his pocket as you prepare to head off somewhere else. 

-

By the time the sky turns a hue of orange, you and Tsukishima finish almost everything listed on your poorly written itinerary. As you and Tsukishima walk around another part of the park, something catches your and Tsukishima's attention. A ring toss game with a small red Dino plush hanging in the front.

"It's... so... Beautiful" You whisper.

"I. Want. That." Tsukishima says as his glasses gleam.

"Let's go!" You grab his wrist, pulling him over to the game. You give the person behind the counter a ticket. The woman gives you 3 rings to throw. Attempt after attempt, you fail to make the rings. Slowly, you begin to run out of tickets.

"You know we don't have to get it"

"No! I have to get it!" You say missing another bottle.

"Why?"

You turn to Tsukishima with determination in your eyes, "Because I want to get it for you!"

Tsukishima takes your last ticket and gives it to the woman, who gives you and Tsukishima your last chance to get the majestic crimson Dino. The first two you throw land on bottles. The last one, you hesitate.

"Here," Tsukishima grabs your hand to help you throw the last ring. You bite your lip, focusing on making the final toss to win. As you release the final ring, you close your eyes, hoping to land it.

"Dammit" Tsukishima says, making you open your eyes to see the final ring in the middle of two bottles.

"Shucks" You bend your head in defeat.

"Want to go get a crepe?" Tsukishima says, attempting to cheer you up.

"Ooh" You lift your head up in delight. Tsukishima walks over to the kiosk selling the crepes with you waiting by the game.

"Wow you two are such a cute couple!" the woman says putting her hands on her face.

"We're just friends" you laugh. "I already have a boyfriend."