Chapter 16

Fitz POV

Fitz could feel the pull even harder now. it was no longer a drag, it was grabbing his whole form and demanding. Everything was dark. Everything HURT. But, he was after something, wasn't he? Wait, it was someone, wasn't it? Who? WHo though? Something pulled on his consciousness and memories lapped at him.

SOPHIE! SOPHIE! WHERE ARE YOU! I'M FITZ! Remember? Fitz? Your cognant? SOPHIE! PLEASE!

Shards of glass spiraled around him, memories. All of them had his face in them, but they always passed too fast for him to see the details. One shard was much slower, and seemed to cut his skin, and he recognized the dream she was having before she shattered. He was holding a knife above her head, tears streaming down her eyes. Suddenly, everything went black, blank. It seemed to trap him in. He felt a hard tug in his gut and the pull started to drag him under again.

SOPHIE! pLEASE! THAT WASN'T ME! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU! PLEASE SOPHIE! I-I, SOPHIE I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU SOPHIE ELIZEBETH FOSTER!

Something yanked on his consciousness, nearly bringing him back, but she wasn't there yet, her mind still blank. He dove back down, down deep into the black, the pull greedily pulling at him.

SOPHIE PLEASE! I WON'T RETURN WITHOUT YOU! I-I, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU! I WILL STAY TIL YOU ARE BACK! PLEASE SOPHIE.

The words seemed to stop once they were out of his mind. When he spoke them, he could hear them for a second before they disappeared into the dark. He felt someone enter his mind, and he tried to shove them out, but failed. The pull made his head swim.

Fitz! You need to come out right now!

Fitz recognized Mr. Forkle.

Not till Sophie is.

Mr. Vacker! Her-her-he- her mind, it's broken! Shattered! There is nothing you can do! You can't survive much longer! I'm surprised you survived at all! Mr. Vacker you need to exit her mind.

I will stay in here til she isn't.

Mr. Vacker! I'm not giving you a choice! You need to come out now or her mind will take you down with it! YOU will become what she is if you don't leave now!

I AM NOT COMING OUT! NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY! NOT TIL SHE IS HERE! NOT TIL SHE IS SAFE!

Fitz mustered up the energy he could and blocked the voice. He dove into Sophie's mind, scrambling away from the voice. He felt the pull again, much stronger. It started to drag him under again. He let the pull take him, never wanting to go back til Sophie was there. He could never go on without Sophie.

Sophie? If you can hear me, just know, I will come out when you are ready. I will not go without you. I will never leave you. Never ever again.

Ppl care for u ❤