Chapter 53

Sophie was led by Dex into her room. The door was decorated with rubys and tiger-eye jewels. Her bed was white with comfy covers and she had several of her outfits from home in the wall in closet. She sat on her bed and Dex stood in the doorway.

"Thank you, Dex." Sophie said.

"No problem. I'm just glad Fitz controlled himself."

"He was a lot calmer than I think he would have been." Sophie murmured.

"Oh no." Dex said. "He was all monster mode when he was told. Things were flying and he was yelling so loud. He was nothing but raged. Nobody got any sleep for several nights. And it was terrifying to be near him. Geez, being able to hear him close was terrifying. Even Ro looked scared.
   We had to threaten him to calm him down. We knew you were gonna wake up in the next few days so we said that if he didn't calm down he wouldn't be able to be in the fight. Well, Mr. Forkle threatened him. That was enough to give us a couple days of rest. Though him? I am not sure."

"How long was I asleep?" Sophie asked.

"Two weeks." Dex whispered. Sophie gawked. Two weeks. They could have had the Neverseen done with with that time!

"But, you needed the rest, Sophie. You were in bad shape." Dex walked over and sat next to her. Another question raised in Sophie.

"What happens if Keefe is there?"

"Ya, I've been thinking about that. I guess it depends on what he does. If he attacks, then, he is officially an enemy. And, we will have too do what we do with the others."

"But why would he join the Neverseen again?" Sophie choked.

"He loved you Sophie." Dex said as if it was common knowledge. "He's jealous of your and Fitz's relationship."

Sophie looked down at her lap. She did love Keefe, just not in that way.

"If you come across Keefe, and he is on the Neverseen side, will you be able to, to, take him, down?" Dex stuttered a little.

"I don't know." Sophie said. Dex nodded in understanding.

"Dex?" Sophie asked. He looked at her.

"I don't know what to do." Sophie felt tears enter her eyes. "The baby, I don't know what to do."

Dex's eyes widened in understanding. "Oh." Was all he said.

"Mr. Forkle wants to get ride of the baby."

"Really?" Dex stuttered. Sophie nodded, tears now running freely.

"Fitz will probably want the same. But, abortion has never been a thing with the elves."

"I know, but neither has, uhhhhh, the Neverseen."

"Too many things are changing." Sophie sobbed. Dex didn't seem to know what to say. But, Linh walked in then. She walked up to Sophie and gave her a hug.

"Dinner is ready." Linh said as she gently rubbed Sophie's back. Dex took that as his que to leave. He gave Sophie a sad smile before standing and walking out.

Linh sat next to Sophie and Sophie leaned into her friend. Sophie continued to cry. Linh have some soft comforting words and Sophie calmed. Her sobs became hiccups.

Linh helped washed Sophie's face with cold water. She gently massaged Sophie's back as Sophie bent over the sink, feeling nauseous.

"Maybe some food will help?" Linh said. Sophie nodded and Linh held onto Sophie's arm with her arm around Sophie's back as they walked. Linh went into a room that was decorated with small emerald ingots. Everyone was around the table eating. Fitz saw Sophie and quickly got up and raced to her.

"Is she okay?" Fitz asked.

"Yes, just not feeling to well."

"I will take her. Thanks Linh." Fitz did as he said. He helped Sophie sit next to him and Sophie got a bowl of grey green soup, though it tasted amazing. Sophie couldn't pin point what it tasted like, but it was good. And the baby obviously liked it too, because Sophie didn't feel nearly as nauseous.

After finishing the soup, everyone was instructed to go to bed to get ready for the early morning. Sophie was able to walk by herself to her room with no problems. She noted to get the recipe to that soup.

Sophie lied in bed for a while, not really falling asleep. Shizzle had been in her room after dinner. He easily fell asleep, and he slept right next to Sophie's head. Instead of Iggy's chainsaw snore, it was the sound of a soft breeze. Sophie didn't know where Shizzle had been all this time. The last time was a while ago.

Sophie stroked him. She should be exhausted, but she just couldn't fall asleep. Sophie stared at the white ceiling, which was darker now. Her room was nearly pitch black, and Sophie couldn't help seeing things in the shadows. Just as she was about to freak out, someone gently knocked on her door.

Sophie got up and went over, to find Fitz standing there. His eyes were dark and held so much pain. His hair was sticking at our angles. Sophie noticed he didn't have a shirt on, and only pajama pants covered in dragons. Sophie blushed.

"What's wrong?" Sophie asked.

"Nightmares." He said. "Needed to make sure you were okay."

"I am okay."

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

"S-sure." Sophie answered. She let him into her room and closed the door behind them. She and Fitz went over to her bed. She climbed on and laid down on her pillows with Fitz close behind. He lied next to her. He gently pulled her close to him and Sophie snuggled into his bare chest, making her blush, but glad for the comfort.

Fitz laid his head in the crook of her neck, breathing in her scent. Sophie blushed harder but smiled. Fitz then pulled closer to her and she rested her head in the crook of his neck. Shizzle snuggled into the back of Sophie's neck, and she finally fell asleep.