Babe's in Shield Land

Sage was a baby when it happened. Well actually, she was two. Her mother sort of just left her on a doorstep because she was a horrible mother who didn't understand a single freaking things about babies.

Sage Rosalie was her name, it said so in a note. It also had adoption papers, the mother's name turning out to be a fake name. Fury, the cold old pirate goat, found her.

He had almost killed her, as he was about to step on her. Instead of killing an innocent cute baby, he flipped over her. Like a boss.

At first, he just brought her in to his apartment. He found a house unconventional, as he had only needed to take care of one person. Sage Rosalie loved to prank. One minute she was crying, and when you weren't looking, giggling behind your back. She was a sarcastic baby. But maybe that's because one time Fury brought her to a Shield and he had to be sarcastic the entire meeting because they were all level eight agents. They sometimes forgot Fury was higher up.

Sage Rosalie was a master of pranks. She had entirely covered Agent Hill's office in glitter, under the order of her Uncle Coulson. Hill had made an argument that the Flash was a better superhero than Captain America. They both were wrong, it was Iron Man or Hulk. It also took a tech team to get the glitter(every single speck of it,) off and as new as it had been. It had taken them three days and six coffee breaks to do, and now at least one of them hated Sage with a fiery passion.

Her life was a bit weird, as she had been shooting harpoons at convicts when she was eight, and deep sea diving to diffuse a bomb underwater(long story,) in under thirty minutes by the time she was twelve.

And yeah, Coulson had given her a set of Iron Man lounge pants and a sweatshirt, which she wore almost every week. One of her punishments is actually getting them taken away.

Maria Hill defeated a Russian assassin while having little Sage in a stroller, clapping her slender little hands in delight as the killer received many broken limbs.

And, her adoptive father had taken her shopping for the perfect present for an agent's birthday, and ended up wearing a pink tiara on his head. Maria got a picture. She has it stored with her most prized possessions.

So, yeah, her life was pretty freaking great. Except for the occasional banning of weapons, and exclusion from meetings, a lot of things were good.