You Can't Keep Me From Heroes

"Hey dad, we doing anything Friday?" Sage asked, an ammo magazine in front of her as she circled all of the ammo she needed.

"I am, you aren't."

"What are you doing?" Sage asked, hands on hips for emphasis.

"All of the agents and I are going to the ball. You are going to stay here and do your normal routines."

"And, why will I be doing this?" She asked, looking him in his eye.

"Because the Avengers are coming to the event, and you will not be going."

"WHY THE-" Fury silenced her as she fumed, face a nice cherry red.

"You are not mature enough to handle it." Now, we all know she hates it when people talk down to her.

"Then why am I hear computers, huh? Why have I saved all of your butts at least twice, yours 15? WHY DO I KNOW THAT SHIELD WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO FIRE ME BUT YOU KEPT ME ON BECAUSE I WAS THE JOKE OF THE AGENTS, RIGHT? RIGHT?!" She finished her rant as Fury, for once, looked surprised. She had found it out about four months, but hadn't really thought about it until tonight.

"Sage Rosalie, you know its not that," Fury tried to cut in as she cut him off.

"If you thought I was being too much of a joker or was the joke, you should've told me. I get it, I can be annoying. But I can also follow someone's suggestion at toning it down a bit." She was bitter as she buzzed into her room, remembering they were hosting it at the Stark tower, and they had high tech security, but Sage would bypass it. She always did.

"Alright, joke, let's get this done," she said, cracking her knuckles. She bypassed it easily, looking at all of his plans and looking at his designs. With a low whistle, she took it all in. "So old Stark actually is smart," she mused as she spun in her office chair.

The guests filled in, talking about previous missions and laughing about jokes and the government. She should've been there. Sage always believed in not being too serious unless she absolutely had to with people; it was easier to laugh off an insult than look them in the eye.

"And there's the first Avenger, always on time," Sage said as she watched Steve cross the tiled floor in a crisp tuxedo, a red tie and blue lapel gracing his black suit. Of course, he was the gentleman, talking politely with others and dancing with the agents or girls there because he probably felt bad if he declined them.

Next up was Natasha, who looked incredible in her night blue ball gown, white gloves, gun probably strapped under the dress, and a pursing of the lips. Her eyes flashed as she noticed the cameras, rolling her eyes as she began talking with Steve about something or other.

And then there was Tony and Pepper, who made a grand entrance. His gray tux had red accents, and Pepper looked extravagant in a red cocktail dress, a slight sarcastic look to her smile as she watched over Tony. Sage laughed at that; that's how Uncle Coulson and Aunt Maria did.

Speaking of which, they entered with Sage's father, who was in a sports jacket, black, and turtleneck. Typical. He walked in, Uncle Coulson and Agent Hill following him, arm in arm.

"How cute," Sage cooed as she continued to watch. Banner came in, fidgeting with his tie as he looked nervously out into the crowd. And that did it; she decided she was going. Whether they knew it or not.