cuddling ; luke, ashton (bfm)

Luke:

I'm walking down the road to my house, straight from school. It was a terrible day, yet again. I called Luke but he wasn't answering and my phone died after about a million calls. He told me he would drive me home, but he was nowhere in sight when I looked around the school parking lot. I can't figure out if he ditched me or just forgot, but I can't jump to any rash conclusions, as pissed as I was that he wasn't where he said he would be, you know, like a best friend should. I'm lucky enough to live near the school so it's not THAT big of a deal. I hear a car behind me and turn around to see if maybe, just maybe, Luke was there. To my unfortunate surprise, he was not. Instead, I am face-to-car with Katie and her mean little girl group. They give me dirty looks as they slowly drove by and I'm just soaking it in. I know these assholes just want to get with Luke and his mates. Katie rolls down her window.

"Aww, daddy can't afford a car?" she says in a condescending tone.

Her friends giggle behind her.  I roll my eyes and looked forward. All she did was terrorize me in school. She always felt the need to kick me while I was still down. She made everyone think I was this weak, worthless person by constantly belittling me, and naturally people jump in because they want her to like them. Luke and his friends are the only ones who really talk to me, granted I've known Luke since I was only 5 and he kinda has to tolerate me. Things were starting to become enough. My dad was already gone, my mother is so invested in her job. Would anyone notice if I just... disappeared? I felt hot tears brim my waterline, fighting over whether they should just pour. I continue to walk down the road to my house. I threw my backpack off my shoulder and swung it around to grab my house key from the zipper pocket, but it's nowhere to be found.

"Are you fucking serious?" I muttered to myself.

I rummage through my bag some more but there is no sign of my house key anywhere. I finally accept the fact that I have no way into my house and that my phone was dead, so I sit on my porch with a heavy sigh. Great. Just fucking great. A few seconds later, I see a familiar car turn down the road. Luke was finally on his way home. He lives across and one house down from me. He honks his horn at me and nods his head with a giggle when he sees my annoyed face. He pulls into my driveway and gives me a concerned look when I don't get up from my spot on the porch, but it finally hits him. His eyes go wide and he slowly gets out of the car but keeps a distance. Smart.

"Okay...don't hate me...." he says, "but me and the boys skipped last period to rehearse for our gig this Friday and I guess time kinda, sorta maybe got the best of us and I forgot to come back and pick you up..."

He puts his hands behind him as I shake my head.

"Whatever, I don't care, shit happens. I tried to call you." I say quietly but with a passive tone. 

"I'm sorry Y/N, I honestly forgot. My phone died before we finished," he gives me a sad look, but it quickly turns into a hopeful one. "How can I make it up to you? Want me to take you for some froyo!?" he offers, excitedly.

"No, that's okay...not really in the mood to eat." I say. He nods, confused.

"Hey, why are you outside? You weren't waiting around for me, were ya?" he says with a wink, likely trying to lighten the moment.

I roll my eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. I think I left my key in my room this morning, so I'm locked out." I say. He lets out a deep chuckle and gestures towards the car. "Come on, let's hang at my place 'til your mum gets back."

I have no other choice, so I oblige. We get in the car and drive a few meters to his house. We park next to the sidewalk and he hits the curb with his tire.

"whoops," he giggles.

"nice one." I say with a slight laugh.

"Hey, you're no better. I've seen you run stop signs because you were so focused on your macca's!" He lets out a deep, hearty laugh at a memory of us both giggling nonstop when we realized I had driven right past it while shoving fries in my face. I don't find it AS funny because its slightly embarrassing, but I kinda find it cute that he thinks it's just so hilarious. Cue mental eye roll.