Chapter 19. The Villain Parade!

Kyle and the guest had made it back to the safe zone. They were excited, yet, scared to see what would happen because this was the last table they needed to open up. 

"Before we do this," Halie began, "I wanna say, this has been a stressful night. All our friends died, we have lost some relationships," she said softly. She looked around to see the guest looking dazed. "My point is that we are almost out! let's stay strong and fight this last battle together! Not going to say names but, if the two I'm thinking of keep on fighting, one of you may turn on the other," she stated looking at Kayla and Kyle.

"She is right, Kyle," Kayla muttered as she looked at the host of this party.

Kyle looked down at the coins and said nothing. He turned to the table and placed the last three coins in the slots. Halie and the rest sighed. They were expecting Kyle to say something but, that didn't happen.

The table opened up slowly and revealed a shiny, gold key and a note. Kyle picked the note and the key up and read it out loud. "'You have made it to the end of your journey! This key unlocks the front gate. As soon as you exit, you can never come back...'" Kyle slowly put the note down and looked at the key.

"I'll take you to the front," Alex offered. 

Kyle and the rest agreed. 

"Okay, follow me."

The guest and Alex left the safe zone and headed to the front gate. It felt like so much pressure was lifted from all their chests. 

Baylee began to cry. Her tears were wet and the bounced off her face onto the ground. "I can't believe all my friends died right in front of me."

Halie put her arm around Baylee. "Yeah, we're going to miss them." She stated.

They reached the gate of the park. It was rusty and old. Kyle put the key in the hole on the lock and began to turn it.

"NO!"

A loud bang and guest screaming could be heard behind Kyle. He swiftly turned around and saw Alex on his knees with a bullet hole through his chest. Alex covered the hole with his hand but, it was too late. He fell over and a pool of blood started to form around the innocent, lifeless body of Alex. Kyle watched as Alex died and wasn't paying attention to who shot him. 

Leo stood in front of Kyle and the body with a gun in his hand. 

"This game has not ended yet!" Leo pointed out.

"Listen, Leo, we won fair and-" Kyle was cut off by the man who killed Alex.

"It so happens that you still have three more coins to collect."

"Dang it!" Jason yelled.

"Now, I'll give you the first two coins because I just killed one of your members and, the mime gave you three coins instead of four so," Leo threw the coins to Kyle. "Place those in the gate and when you get the last coin you can leave." 

Halie took the coins from Kyle and placed them in the gate.

"Where can we find this last coin?" Kyle asked. 

"Well, I can either shoot one more guest and give you it or..." Leo paused. "We are having a parade here soon, maybe you can get a coin from there?" Leo hinted.

"Deal!" Kyle exclaimed.

"Alright! See you in a bit!" Leo vanished with a cloud of smoke following. 

Halie walked in front of Kyle and looked him in the eye. 

"Kyle," Halie fumed, "you just agreed to go to a villain parade with literal Satan!"