Chapter 13. The Corn Maze Of Suffering.

"I can't believe another valuable person died," Lenux said walking with the group to the safe zone.

"We have other helpful people," Jamie said looking at Lenux. "You're helpful! Halie is helpful! Anyone can be helpful in this group if they tried."

"Then why don't you try?" Alice replied. "As far as I know, you have not proven yourself at all," Alice said.

Jamie didn't say anything because she was right, He hasn't been helpful at all. He then felt disappointed in himself like Kyle did when Baylee said he wasn't helpful.

Lenux then snapped turning around to look Alice straight in the eyes, "listen up bitch!" she yelled, the group stops to listen to what she has to say. "Just because you've been in three challenges and survived doesn't make you the queen of the carnival here," she said. "As a matter of fact," Lenux then said, "Jamie was in one of those challenges with you. So! Shut the fuck up!" Lenux said turning around and walking away. The group followed.

"I'm no bitch," Alice mumbled to herself, "I'm a fighter, And I'll always win," Alice mumbled again catching up with the group.

The group soon arrived at the safe zone. Kyle, being ahead of the group, walked up to the next table in line. He placed the coin in its place and the next table opened revealing a half of a coin they needed for the next challenge.

"This could've been an easy challenge," Emily said. "If we had the other half of course."

"What? Where's the other half?" Kyle said checking the sides of the table but had no luck.

"Um..." Jamie added. "I think she has it," he said pointing at the entrance of the safe zone.

In front of the entrance was an old woman wearing overalls and a plaid shirt underneath. She held up the other half of the coin, "looking for this?" she asked.

"Yes! Actually, we are!" Taylor said.

The old woman started to laugh walking closer to the group. "You'll have to give me something in return!" She said. All the sudden she then grabbed someone from the group, it was Kayla. The woman held on to Kayla tightly getting a pocket knife out.

"Let her go!" Kyle yelled trying to help Kayla.

Kayla was sobbing at this point. She thought she would survive But, her throat was about to get slashed in front of everyone.

"Move one more step and I will Slash her throat and rip all her organs out in front of you guys!" the woman yelled.

Kyle started to cry. He was about to lose one of his closest friends ever.

"Y'all should have seen your faces!" the woman said letting go of Kayla while laughing. Kayla ran over to Kyle hugging him Tightly.

"I'm sorry." the old woman said, "Y'all must think I'm a big Jerk now."

"A little," Jamie said.

"A lot!" Kayla yelled

"I'm just having a little fun with Y'all," she said. "I've just been so lonely lately," she explained.

Everyone just stared at her like she was crazy. This woman just tried to kill Kayla and now wants people to trust her?

"Oh! How silly of me." she then said, "I forgot to introduce myself to Y'all!" she said in a country accent. "My name is Agatha!" she exclaimed, "Y'all must be the guest Leo was talking about!" she said.

"Leo?" Halie asked.

"Oh," Agatha said, "me and my old mind," she said giggling a bit. "Y'all know him as the ringleader. His real name is Leo," she explained.