Chapter 20. Shhhhh...

Kyle flipped the letter over and slowly opened the mysterious note. The pain in his chest had gotten worse. It felt like something trying to dig its way out from the inside. Kyle got the letter open and unfolded the paper inside. It was written in red ink. 

'Dear Kyle,' it began. 'I feel a wave of bad energy coming for you. It's really bad! Whatever it is, it wants revenge. I really don't know when or where it's going to get revenge but, it will. It always does. I want you to be safe. If you want more information, Please follow these instructions. Meet me at the alleyway beside the old Matmarts market at 7:00 P.M. Please come alone and make sure you weren't followed. I suggest walking. If you aren't here by 7 I'll have to come to your house. But I Prefer the alleyway. Please be careful, Kyle. It may be today...' At the bottom, it read, 'Sincerely, Mrs. Mystic.'

Kyle placed the letter on the table beside his door. He looked at his watch on his arm. "6:28," Kyle muttered to himself. He grabbed his coat and his fully charged phone and open the door. He stepped one foot out. He was scared of the outside world, but, he wanted safety. He locked his door, closed it, and walked down the street.

It was 6:57. Kyle was standing in front of the old market place. He walked down the alleyway, but, no one was there.

"This guy does like to be on time," Kyle whispered to himself. He stood there and shivered while he felt a cold chill across his back. Kyle jumped and looked behind him. It was nothing. Just the deathly wind. He turned back around and saw a man walking down the alleyway.

"Good! You made it! Mr. Dawson, is it?" the man asked.

Kyle shook his head yes. That was his last name. He didn't like it. Too many people didn't like it either. They thought he was trying to steal from a famous YouTuber.

"Did you read my letter?" The man asked.

Kyle shook his head once more. "How else would I be here?" Kyle answered back.

"You're are a sassy little fellow, are you?" He asked.

Kyle sighed and looked away.

"Kyle. I know what you've been through. I've seen it happen multiple times," the man stated.

"Seen?" Kyle asked. 

"Oh yes! My cousin works for the carnival and I've seen what he does," the man replied.

"Wait, Leo was your cousin?" Kyle questioned.

"Yes!" the man said with an odd looking smile. The pain in Kyle's chest. He clenched his hand on his chest as it got worst. "Is everything alright Mr. Dawson?" The man asked in concern.

"I don't know. I feel horrible. I feel like im not safe. I feel like something bad is about to happen."

"Oh! Mr. Dawson, don't worry! You are in good hands!" the man gave another creepy smile he then held out his hand. "Shake my hand. This will give you the safety you need!" 

Kyle looked at the hand. It looked cold and filthy. Kyle took his hand off his chest and reached over to the man.

"That's it," the man said trying to comfort Kyle. 

Kyle thought about this. This feels wrong, was repeated multiple times in his head. He grabbed the mans hand and shook it.

The man started to laugh as Kyle shook his hand. Kyle felt something puncture his hand. It felt like a needle. He could feel the land needle enter his arm. the man took the needle out and laughed.

Kyle began to notice everything going to a blur. "W-what did you-"

The man covered Kyle's mouth. Kyle did not panic, he was confused. He then passed out into the man's arms.

"Shhhhh," the man quietly spoke.

He walked the cold body of Kyle to his van and opened the back. Inside was a couple of buckets, body bags, a tackle box, and knives on the wall. He gently laid Kyle on the floor of the van and shut the door. He got up in the front of the car, turned it on, and drove off. He turned on the radio. It played some classics. Stuff you would play in horror movies like, 'Mr. Sandman" by the Cordettes and other stuff like that. He hummed the tune of the song as he drove away.