Seven

"How exactly does Sokka look like?" Zuko asked the warrior as they both were having lunch. The two were in one of the patios as Zuko wanted to get away from guards and other staff members.

"He wears a man bun," Suki explained as she used her hand to describe his hair, "He has the same eyes as Katara and skin tone," She said dreamily remembering his blue ocean colored eyes.

She was silent remembering when they captured the Avatar and his team, and she was the one who carried Sokka and tied him up to a pole.

"If Katara is in the fire nation, he probably is too. He's overprotective when it comes to her since they only have each other," Suki explained as she took a bite of her dish.

"Maybe I can find him then," Zuko mumbled while the warrior nodded happily.

There was a chance she would get to see him once more,"Does Katara know?" She asked the prince as he shook his head.

"I want to surprise her," He admitted awkwardly as his hands fidget slowly.

Suki looked surprised but grew curious as a certain question was floating in her mind, "Are you falling for Katara?" She asked.

His golden eyes widen, "She's different from the other girls here, I don't know what 'falling in love even feels like'" He tried his best to explained as he used his hands to express his conflicted feelings, "I feel like even if I did; wouldn't it be too soon?"

Suki shook her head, "This whole selection is set up for you to choose a wife in about two months," She raised a brow as a smirk was currently on her face.

He crossed his arms, "I get your point," He rolled his eyes while she giggled.

"Do you only like Katara? Or..." Sukki questioned as she remembered that there were other girls who were after the Prince's heart.

He stood quietly as he thought about the other girls, "If I hadn't met Katara, probably Jin or Haruko," He answered, remembering the earth girl and the fire nation girl.

Suki pursed her lips, remembering those two girls. And, she couldn't blame him especially when both were very kind people. "I haven't talked to Haruko," Sukki stated as she tried recalling any events.

Zuko shrugged, "She's shy, but she slowly is getting comfortable around me," He explained, looking at the warrior who lost interest.

"I mean, she's good and all, but does she fit being a FireLady?" Sukki asked with a little bit of a sassy attitude.

Zuko chuckled, knowing damn well what the answer was, "I know, but she's pretty chill," He reasoned as the warrior shook her head.

"You need someone active and who isn't afraid to voice her opinions," She stated firmly as the prince rolled his eyes. He looked amused on how determined the girl was to have the maiden win. "We all know you don't like the Firelord's ways of doing,"

He sighed, "Even if I did get a bride, we wouldn't have power till the Firelord resigned from his position. And, you and I both know that's not happening," Their past conversations had grown them close, and the prince saw the warrior as someone who he could trust.

A friend.

"Last night, I spotted your uncle talking to another general," Suki started remembering the event from yesterday. "I wasn't snooping around," She defended, placing both her hands up.

The prince raised an eyebrow, "What were they talking about?" He asked interestedly.

"It seems that they were arguing, I'm worried about your uncle and what could happen to him," She extended her hand and took his. She squeezed his hand in a comforting way, "Your Uncle could get himself in trouble if he continues his behavior,"

Zuko looked at the ground. The anger inside began to emerge, "He will be fine, if anything were to happen, I will do anything I can to make sure he's safe,"

Suki sighed before turning her eyes to look around the room, "The Firelord and the General..."

"They don't like each other," Zuko interrupted her, "I would be careful of sneaking around—my uncle saw you too," the prince mentioned catching her offguard.
...

"I saw what you did brother," Iroh stated as he stepped closer towards his younger brother.

The Firelord looked at his older brother, "I done many things lately, I would need you to be more detailed,"

Iroh narrowed his eyes to a glare as he shook his head in disgust before leaving the room. He knew something had to be done, and he had to do a few things before it got to it.

He was supposed to attend other things but it couldn't wait for anymore. He turned to a certain room that belonged to the FireLady.

It was her own separate room where she usually spent her time when she wanted to be alone. This room was hers when she arrived at the palace for the first time. He remembered seeing how excited she was to be inside a palace. Her younger self was filled with joy and adventure.

Zhilan would always spend her hours inside with her best friend. Iroh especially knew that Ursa would have any hidden items in there.

He opened the door as a strong scent of dust entered into his nostrils. He was surprised to see that no one dared to enter here since she had been gone.

He walked around spotting for a certain box. He remembered one time when he had been inside with his sister in law where she wrote letters about her thoughts. She always in the past shared them, but it seems that writing it down helped her more.

He remembered following his brother years ago. It was late at night and spotted him entering Ursa's old room, especially with the red and brown trimmed box.  Iroh automatically knew his younger brother was up to something and waited patiently outside the hall. The minute the Firelord had left the room and turned his back, that was the signal for Iroh to enter.

Now, he knew that he needed the box and hide it elsewhere. He knew if Zuko were to find it, it will be the push needed to go against his father. The old man has always known that the young prince was confused on what to do. On who to listen to. 

And, soon all that confusion would be gone because the General knew exactly what he had to do. And, without any hesitation, he took the box in his hands and left the room.