Chapter 4

I woke up that morning and emailed my superintendent. A few hours later, his email read:
Dear Ms. Miller, I would like to inform you that you are officially fired from your job. To see that you like this YouTube career better than teaching kids who need it is saddening, but I hope you have fun.

To read his email made me feel a little guilty, but I know I'll be happier vlogging than teaching. Kids can be rude and disrespectful, but some of them are amazing and so nice. I will need to go back home and say my goodbyes to them. I would tell them that this isn't the end of our teacher-student friendship. They can always see what I'm up to by subbing to my channel or checking out my socials.

*Friday Morning*
"Woody, I'm heading home. You're more and welcome to come with. It'll take me a few days to move all my stuff over though." I said.
"Oh, just hit me up when you need some help with moving stuff." Woods said.
"Okay, I'll be back in a week or so." I said.
"K, see you soon." Woods said.
I give him a hug. I walk away and get into my uber. I noticed that when I left, I was able to breath better. Maybe because I have an allergy to cats and dogs, and he has both. He did do a good job of keeping them away from me. What a sweetheart.

I text Sam and tell her I'm heading home. She asks me to stop by the office so she could say goodbye. I have the uber drop me and wait while I say bye to Sam, and everyone else at the office. I walk in and I see Sam jump up from her desk. She runs out and gives me a tight hug.
"It was nice to finally meet you. I can't wait to see what you create when you finally move here. I can help you find a nice apartment for you." Sam said.
"Yeah, that'd be nice. Thanks for everything. I'll be back soon. Tanner, you're the best. Gunner, thanks for all those dumb jokes. Conner, you continue gaming and being yourself. Matt, continue doing what you love. Loved chilling with you guys. Goodbye for now." I said, walking out.

I get back into my uber who takes me to the airport. I get onto the plane and fly to Salt Lake. From there, I drive the rest of the way home. As soon as I get home, I start planning out how exactly I'm going to move. I've never really moved to anywhere outside my hometown. This is going to be hard, leaving all this behind, but it'll be a good change.

I go to the school I teach at to say bye to my students. As I walk in, the principal looks at me.
"I thought you resigned." She said.
"Yes, but I wanted to say goodbye to my students before I left for good." I said.
"Oh, go ahead." She said.

I walk to my classroom. There is a substitute in there. I tell him he can leave for the rest of the day. Bella raises her hand and asks;
"How was LA?"
"It was amazing. I made so many friends." I said.
"Did you have any flings?" Victor asked.
"I know what you're implying. Did I 'do it' with anyone. To answer your question, no I did not. I did find someone I'm interested in." I said.
"Ooo." The whole class chimes.
"Oh, shush. Anyway, as most of you may or may not know, I'm resigning and moving to LA." I said.
"WHAT? No, you can't go. You're my favorite teacher." Aliyah said, getting up and hugging me.
"I'm sorry. YouTube is my true passion. I have to leave. The CEO of Hi5 Studios has already given me a job." I said.
"So, you're just gonna leave us for a bunch of idiots in Hollywood?" Ben asked.
"Don't you dare call them that. You have no idea what I've been through while in LA." I said.
"Don't let the city change you. I've heard terrible stories of it." Aliyah said.
"I won't. I'll make sure to stay myself." I said.
"Good." Aliyah said.
"I'll miss you all." I said.

After saying goodbye to all my students, I head home. I start organizing everything and get it ready to move into a U-haul truck. This, of course will take a while to do if I'm doing it by myself. I get a text from the group chat at Hi5 Studios. Everyone is asking if they could help with anything yet. I told them to give me some time to relax. I literally just got home. I need a night to lay down and think. I need one just to sleep on my decision.

That morning, I wake up with motivation. A motivation to get a moving truck to my apartment. I go to my local U-haul moving company and rent a truck. Once that process was all done, I drive it back home. A few hours later, I take a break of moving stuff into the truck. I plop down on my couch and start watching some Netflix.

Thirty minutes into an episode of 13 Reasons Why, I hear my doorbell being rung. I pause the episode and answer the door. I open the door. Who I see is none other than Woods with roses in his hand.
"Um. . . Hi." I said.
"I thought I'd make this official." Woods said.
"Dude, come in. I have so many questions right now." I said. I take the roses from him and put them in a vase.
"So, we've known each other for a short time, but I know that we both like each other. Will you go out with me?" Woods asked.
"Why, of course. But, how the hell did you find my apartment?" I asked.
"You literally told me. Did you seriously forget?" Woods asked.
"I feel so dumb, sorry. I remember now. So, now that you're here, you should help me move the bigger things into the truck." I said.
"One minute being your boyfriend and you're already asking me to do things, geez." Woods said, punching my arm softly.
"Please." I said.
"I'm just kidding, I'm happy to help." Woods said.