Chapter 24

Our time in Lithuania has ended, and now it's to fly to Oslo, Norway. I've heard so many good things about this wonderful country. I wanna go see the Northern Lights. That is one life goal of mine. Since I already accomplished two: becoming engaged to Woods and traveling the world. We land in Oslo and go to our hostel for the week. We sleep off the flight.

I wake up the next morning and do my normal morning routine. Woods follows after me. We go outside and take a walk around the city. Woods told me the most Nordic thing we can do while in Norway is to go to spas and saunas. I was so down to go that today. We head to the spa that evening. I'm wearing a cute bakini. Woods pops out of the locker room wearing a speedo.
"Why though?" I asked.
"When in Europe, right?" Woods said.
"Oh, Woods. You have no idea how ridiculous you look. Just put on some trunks." I said.
"You're no fun." Woods said, turning around and changing.

I know I may not let Woods wear that speedo, but it's for in case there's children here. I don't want them being scarred for life. He comes back out from the locker room. I squat by the pool, preparing to dive. Then, Woods walks by and pushes me in.
"You punk!" I exclaimed.
"Hehe, you've got great balance, babe." Woods said. Then dived in.
"I've had bad balance all my life." I said.

We swim around, splashing each other here and there. Another couple challenges us to chicken. I get onto Woods' shoulders and the other girl gets on her boyfriend's. The boys ram into each other, then start pushing at each other. I'm strong enough to push the girl off her boyfriend's shoulders. I feel like a super hero.
"Damn, you're stronger than I thought." Woods said.
"I have a lot of things you don't know about me." I said, winking at him.
"Du er søt." The guy says.
"Takk." I said.
"How do you know so many languages?!" Woods asked.
"I pick up a few things here and there." I said.
"Fair." Woods said.

We makes friends with the couple. Their names are Axel and Aurora. They are so adorable, like us. Axel has shimmering green eyes and blond hair. Aurora has blue eyes and brown hair with caramel highlights. We get their Instagram and Snapchats so we can keep in contact. We told them about our wedding, and they said that they might come, but their decision isn't final.

After spending some well needed spa time at the hot tubs, we dry off, and go back to our hostel. An hour or so later, Woods disappears. I was busy reading my book to notice him leave. I shoot him a text.
Me: Where'd you go?
Woods: Buying a travel-sized guitar to work on my new song
Me: Oh ok. I don't think you have enough money, but alright
Woods: I'll figure it out
Me: Okay. . .

I get back to reading. When I finish my book, Woods comes through the dooor, yielding his new Taylor travel acoustic. It looks amazing and smells great. You know that new guitar smell? Yeah, that. Woods unzips the case and reveals the guitar. My jaw drops at the sight of it. He takes it out of the case and starts tuning it. It only takes him a few seconds. I'm always amazed at how quickly he can do that. He begins playing through his song. The guitar projects volume well. I'm impressed.

Woods  is done playing his song and hands the guitar to me. It's my turn to play a little something on it. I take a moment to think of a song. I decide on Roses by Shawn Mendes. Here's the chorus:
I'm not tryna start a fire, with this flame
But I'm worried that your heart might feel the same
And I have to be honest with you baby
Tell me if I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose
And I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?
Die or let it go?
This song is so cute. It's about someone who is questioning their love for someone else. They're scared of rejection, but is hoping their love will blossom like a beautiful rose.

The next song I decide to play is Big Plans by Why Don't We. You have no idea how much I love this band. I may have only discovered them recently, but they're so good. Their music is great. I reccomend them. This is the chorus of Big Plans:
I got real big plans, baby, for you and me
So love me for who I am and for who I'm gonna be
Ain't got everything you want, but got everything you need
So take a chance, take a chance on me
I got real big plans, baby, for you and me
So love me for who I am and for who I'm gonna be
Ain't got everything you want, but got everything you need
So take a chance, take a chance on me
It's got a great beat. I love playing it on guitar. It's not that difficult either, which is nice. Woods watches me play and sing. He must not know this song, but enjoys me singing. I finish singing and notice that it's getting late. I put the guitar in the corner of the room. Woods and I get into bed together and cuddle. He plays some chill tunes. We fall asleep to the sweet voice of James Arthur.

We wake up the next morning, we meet up with Axel and Aurora. We have breakfast together. Then, we go on a double date to go see the Northern Lights. We take a boat ride to an island. We lay down a blanket down on the beach. We watch the sunset. We make out, getting in the mood. The light show begins shortly. I take pictures, almost too many.
"This is so beautiful." Woods said.
"It is. I love it." I said.
We watch the Northern Lights for what felt like hours. When it's over, we get back on the boat, and head back to Oslo. Aurora and Axel go home. Woods and I go to bed in our hostel.