Chapter 40

*Two Years Later*
I'm sitting in the bathroom, taking a pregnancy test. Last night was the first time Woods and I attempted to try for a baby. This is it. What will it be? I shake as I wait for the results to come in. As one line fades in, I almost take a breathe of relief, but then another comes in. It may be faint, but I'm not taking any chances. I take another test to confirm it. I'm not seeing things, I'm pregnant. I took a "sick" day from work because I was too nervous to go in today. I'll just need to call Woods.
"Woods. . . There's something important I need to tell you, in person." I said, voice shakey.
"Baby, what's wrong?" Woods asked.
"That's the thing. . ." I said.
"Wait, wait, wait. I'm coming home right now. Be there in five minutes." Woods said.
"Please hurry." I said.

I pace back and forth in our room, waiting for Woods to come home. Once I hear him burst through the door, I know he's scared. I walk up to him and hug him tightly. I'm crying over his shoulder, tears falling onto his shirt.
"What happened, are you hurt?" Woods asked.
"No. Woods I'm pregnant." I said.
"For real?" Woods asked.
"Yes, I have proof." I said. I hand him the pregnancy tests.
"This is amazing! Yes, we're pregnant." Woods said, hugging me, then kisses me.
"So, what are we going to do?" I asked.
"Raise this child, maybe give it a sibling." Woods said, winking.
"Woah, we're barely at one, you're already thinking of the second. Calm the beast in your pants." I said, laughing.
"I mean, it's a possibility." Woods said.
"Let's have this child first, then we can think about having more." I said.
"Alright, fine." Woods said.
"Should we announce it to everyone at work?" I asked.
"Well, yeah." Woods said.
"Okay, let's go." I said.

I hop into Woods' car and we drive to Hi5 Studios. We walk in, looking as happy as ever. Woods contacted everyone through an app that has all the employees and bosses who work here. Once everyone is gathered, Woods and I stand up in front of them.
"Can we have your attention!" Woods exclaims.
"We have a very big announcement." I said.
"What is it?" Tanner asked.
"Tell us." Sam said.
"Just say it." Robert said.
"Patience people, she's nervous and scared." Woods said.
"Should I just say it?" I asked.
"Yeah." Woods said.
"I'm pregnant." I said.

At first, silence. Then, all out cheering and clapping. The first to come up is Sam. The one who's always been there for me, through thick and thin, she's been there. Through the high and the low, the good and the bad. She congratulated me on such a milestone. She gives me a hug. I am so emotional right now that I start crying again. Friend after friend came up to me to hug me and Woods.
"What's your plan after this?" Tanner asked.
"We're gonna have a family." Woods said.
"Probably a family of little vloggers." Paul said.
"Dude, we're gonna let them decide what they want to do. As long as it's not illegal or won't hurt anyone, we're fine with anything he or she will do." I said.
"I'm happy for you guys. I'm so glad to be working here, and hearing this makes me excited for what's coming in the future." Robert said.
"Aw, thanks Robert. You're the best." I said.
"Yeah, you've always been the coolest around." Woods said.
"I love you guys. You've had my back since day one." Robert said.
We share a cute, wholesome hug.

I finish off the day by working. Once finishing off the work day, Matthias takes us out for a celebratory dinner. I get myself a juicy steak. Looks like cravings are already kicking in and I've only been pregnant for a day. They're gonna get worse, I'm looking at days of fast food and watching Netflix. After dinner, Woods and I go home.

We play a few songs on guitar. I play my favorite emo songs to take me back to high school. Then, I switch to acoustic to play some Shawn Mendes. I scream the lyrics and laugh at myself. I then go on to play some songs by New Hope Club. I love this band and I recently started listening to them again.
"Who's that by?" Woods asked.
"New Hope Club. A British boy band. The lead vocalist is cute." I said.
"Hey!" Woods said.
"I'm just saying. Just because I'm married to you, it doesn't mean I can't like celebrities." I said.
"No, I won't allow it." Woods said.
"Take a chill pill, babe. I still love you." I said.
"Okay." Woods said.

We finish playing songs, then chill in the living room binging shows on Netflix. There will be many more nights like this one. I fall asleep on Woods' shoulder while watching the first season of Riverdale. He carries me to our room. He sets me down gently and puts the blanket over me. He climbs in and spoons me. I have sweet dreams about the baby. I dream of what it will look like when it grows up. I can't wait for it to come into our lives. Years of being with Woods led up to this beautiful moment. I know being pregnant will not be the easiest path to walk, but it will all be worth it in the end. I dream about our baby going to high school, quickly learning the important lessons of life. There will be drama, heartbreak, and everything in between, but he or she will get through it. I just know it. Then, I dream of it going to college, marrying the man or woman of their dreams, leading the same life that Woods and I did. They'll be world travellers like us, but won't go to as many places as us. I just want our baby to be here, in my arms, and I'll be emotional just like the day I found out I had became pregnant.