Falling Fears

(Hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I will be updating twice today because I wanted to update yesterday, but I had my days off. On with the story!)

(Hinata's POV)

"Yes, thank you so much." I pause and let the voice continue. "I will get the paperwork to you right away," I smile. I don't think I've been this happy in a while. I wasn't even this happy when I got my job about a month and a half ago. To be fair though, when I got my job, it was confusing if I was being hired or not. I mean I didn't even really apply.

"We're happy to have you," the feminine voice says. I hang up the phone and rush downstairs to see if Shisui's home. I want to tell him the news first because he's been such a big help to me through this entire process. I slide into the living room area, but no one is there. I turn 180 degrees into the kitchen, and it's the same there. No Shisui to be found. Maybe he's in the main house. I run out of the house and practically fly over the stone walkway and rush into the main house's kitchen.

"Hinata, what's the rush, dear?" Mikoto grabs my shoulders so I don't slip. I huff out a breath of air and try to calm my breathing down.

"I'm looking for Shisui. Is he here?" I ask, breathlessly. Mikoto has a look of confusion but gives a gentle sigh.

"I think he's upstairs with Itachi," she informs. I turn to head up the stairs, but Mikoto tightens her grip on me. "Why are you in such a hurry? Is something wrong?" she asks. I shake my head. I really want Shisui to be the first to find out.

"Everything is fine. I just have something I really want to tell him," I assure her. She lets her arm drop to her side, and I glide away from her and up the stairs to Itachi's room. His room is the third room from the stairs. One...two...three! I bust the door open and see Shisui sitting on a beanbag with his back to the door. I pounce and wrap my arms around his shoulders, and I fall to the side with him in my arms.

Itachi's eyes widen at the sight and Shisui freezes in my arms. He looks back to me and gives me a look that says you're so weird. I giggle but let him slip out of my arms to sit up.

"Hinata, you normally never seem so excited. What's got you riled up?" Itachi asks on the floor across from us.

"Yeah, and why did you tackle me?" Shisui rolls his shoulders to stretch his muscles. I stand up on my knees and shakes Shisui's shoulders in excitement. I'm so happy. "Calm down, Hinata. Tell us what's got you like this." Shisui grips my hands so I stop shaking him.

"So you remember that apartment place that I applied to a week ago?" I ask, trying to see what I all need to explain. Both boys nod their head. "I just got a call from them and I got approved!" I shout and wiggle my arms in the air. Shisui's face lights up and he picks me up and twirls me around for a bit.

"I'm so happy for you!" he shouts while putting me down. I look into his eyes and they gleam with joy. I may be friends with Tenten, and Ino, and Sakura, but Shisui was truly the first friend I made here, and he's my best friend. Itachi stands up and joins us so we make a small circle in the center of his room.

"I think this is cause for celebration," Itachi offers. I stare at him, stunned. "You should invite your friends over to help celebrate at dinner tonight," he adds. Shisui reaches out and grabs my hand and tugs on it a bit.

"Seriously?" I ask. It's like they are treating me as if I'm an Uchiha. They're treating me as if I'm part of the family.

"I'm serious. This is a big deal. We should celebrate," Itachi confirms. I leap up and hug him. I can feel the vibrations of his chuckle as he lets me down.