Falling Smoke

(Hello, here is another chapter. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. On with the chapter!)

(Hinata's POV)

"I understand where you're coming from. I also see that I should have handled it better," I mutter to the man sitting in front of me.

"I don't want you to hurt, but I also don't want you to ruin any chance of having a happy life," Neji reveals. I nod my head. We finally came to an understanding between the two of us that can appease both of us for the moment.

A rapping sound echoes through my apartment, letting me know that someone is at my door. I check the time on my phone, it's 7:00, so it must be Shisui coming to pick me up for the party. I stand up and saunter over to the door and swing it open. Shisui's smiling face falls when he looks over my shoulder to my guest. I know that he's not the biggest fan of Neji because he's trying to take me back home, but I think they could be great friends if they got to know each other.

"Why is he here?" Shisui bites out, taking a step closer to me. I place a hand on his chest so he stops where he is. I don't need them to start fighting in my apartment.

"We talked and came to an agreement," I start, keeping my hand on his firm chest. His eyes flick down to mine and the obsidian orbs soften. "We agreed that Neji will watch me for the rest of the weekend and make a decision by Monday." Shisui's mouth opens to protest. "If he finds that I'm not happy here I have agreed to go back with him," I finish.

"Are you truly okay with that?" he whispers to me. I smile up at him softly.

"I am because I'm positive he will see how happy I am here," I move my hand from his chest to his face, cupping his jaw in my hand. A smile reappears on his face and I drop my hand. I turn to grab my phone that I left on the couch when Neji meets me at the door with it in his hands.

"I was wondering if you could give me a ride to the party. Tenten invited me, and I want to keep an eye on Hinata," Neji requests from Shisui. I almost miss the nod that Shisui gave Neji before he grabs my hand and starts leading me out of the doorway into the hallway. As I lock my door I hear Shisui tell Neji that he has to find his own ride back.

"Wouldn't have it any other way," Neji rumbles, following us down to the car. The whole car ride over is tense and quiet. I can't even say the radio covered some of it up because Shisui never turned it on the whole way over.

"This is Lee's," Shisui tells as he pulls into a driveway of a moderately sized house. There are cars parked all over so we have to park far back from the front of the house. A thumping vibration comes from the floor and runs up my legs giving me a tingling feeling.

"What is that?" I ask Shisui, looking down at my feet that aren't moving. I look over to him and he chuckling silently to himself. "What's so funny?" I ask, lifting my feet and it stops.

"That's the vibration from the music that you're feeling," Shisui laughs out while unbuckling. That's music? I place my feet back down and I can feel the shake in my legs again. That's amazing. My father never let us have music so loud you could feel it. My door swings open and Shisui is lending me his hand to help me out of the car. I step out, and the vibrations get stronger the closer I get to the house.

I open the door, and a cloud of smoke seeks into the fresh air. My nose is assaulted by a skunk-like smell. Cigarette smoke clouds around the ceiling and booze stains that floor all around the house. So this is a party?

I love it! I weave myself over to the table that has an assortment of plastic colored cups; I pick one up and down the sticky liquid fire. It burns my throat, but it feels good. It's not as powerful as the Sake was, however, it's still strong.