Falling Notions

(Hello everyone. I just want to forewarn you that this chapter is...awkward. That's all I can say without spoiling it. Enjoy this chapter!)

(Hinata's POV)

One last curl and that should do it for my hair. When the girls were trying to help me pick out my dress for the date I realized that Shisui never told me where we were going, so Ino called him and demanded that he tell us. When he said Naka River is shocked Tenten, Ino, and Sakura. Apparently, it's a romantic sight located on Uchiha property. The only people who go there are new and young couples or older one's reminiscing about the old days.

The girls told me to wear my thick dress because of the cold, but it ends at my knees.

A loud raping sound fills my apartment and snaps me out of my thoughts. That must be Shisui here to pick me up. I glance at my phone, and it's five on the dot. I should have known that he would be exactly on time. He's an Uchiha after all. I shut off my curling iron and light to the bathroom and walk to the door. I open the front door for it to reveal Shisui in a slimming black suit and black slacks. Why is it that all Uchiha look good in black?

"Are you ready to go?" he asks, looking me up and down to makes sure I'm good to go. I nod my head as I grab my purse from the counter next to me. He reaches out and grabs my hand like all the other times before, but for some reason, it feels different this time. It's almost as if my brain is suddenly aware that us holding hands no longer means just friendship. He leads me down to the lobby and holds open the door for me. I watch his eyes look at everything like he's calculating every detail of the night in his head. Has Shisui ever been on a date before? I never asked if he's had a girlfriend, but he must have. I mean he's freaking Shisui Uchiha. Once the car is started and moving the silence envelops us both. Normally we have things to talk about, but this is strange because neither of us is talking. It also doesn't seem like Shisui is going to try talking anytime soon. His knuckles on the steering wheel are practically the color of snow. Maybe I should try and lessen the pressure off of him?

"So, tell me more about Naka River," I squeak out. I thought my voice would have more confidence than that, but it seems I was wrong.

"It's an open area with trees surrounding it. It's nice if you are going there to relax," he seems to debate to himself. I think my question just made this worse. I want to ask if he wants to put the radio on but then he might ask what station to put on, and I'm not ready to answer that kind of question. I mean what if he doesn't like the same music I do? What if he doesn't ask and just puts on a station that I don't like? Why do I care so much about a music station?

I notice Shisui looking over at me every now and then like he wants to ask a question, but it seems he debates against it and turns back to the road. How long does it take to get to this Naka River? It feels like we've been driving for half an hour. I glance at the clock on the radio and we've only been in the car for five minutes. I don't think I'm going to be able to stand this pressure that the silence has brought. It's starting to suffocate me. I roll down the window and lean against the door frame as much as possible. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe I should have said no or another time. I don't think I can take this pressure anymore. What if he doesn't like me after this date and realizes he doesn't want to even be friends anymore. What am I going to do then?

"Hinata, we're here," Shisui tells me as he shuts off the car. He walks around to my side and opened the door for me like the gentleman he is. He softly pulls me out of the car and my eyes immediately are focused on the water that is sparkling due to the bright sky above it. It's almost like we were transported from downtown Konoha to a new world. A faint splashing of water is in the distance so that must mean there is a waterfall. How can a place so pretty even exist? It's like something from a storybook.