One Last Dance

Time had flown by and it was the final stop on our 'Last Dance' tour. 

My emotions were holding themselves together well as I prepared for concert and concealed my red eyes with glasses pretending everything is okay, "Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Seungri asked while rehearsing.

"Cause why not?" I replied, trying to not to break down and pressed on rehearsals to give myself a distraction from knowing this'll be the last time I'll share a stage with the boys. I made sure to make this concert one to remember for a long time, to create memories I'll forever cherish even after death.

TO THE LAST SHOW!

I smiled towards the VIPs, feeling pride overwhelm me as I see them singing along to one of my famous OSTs for the drama 'Goblin' and stop singing so I could listen to VIPs voice for the last time causing tears to run down my face.

I started to become greedy

I wanted to live with you, grow old with you
Hold your wrinkled hands
And say how warm my life was

It was just one blessing
After that short encounter
You cried like the rain,

I muster up all the courage I could and break into the high note causing goosebumps to run down my body and felt the somber atmosphere while I look up into the sky, in hopes I see him smiling down on me.

I won't ever forget
Watching over you, my heart fluttering
Even when I was ridiculously jealous
All of those moments that you gave to me

Some day, we'll meet again
It'll be the happiest day
I will go to you like the first snow

I will go to you.

I finish singing and keep my gaze directed to the floor as VIPs were sniffling, "As most of you know, today's our last stop on this tour before we depart ways for a while. Although, Seungri and I remain behind... we will be following our own paths and this is my last stage with BIGBANG until all of us come back." I start off.

"I'm unsure of the future but I know when we meet again, it'll be the happiest day of our lives. I won't ever forget VIPs who have brought me to where I am today and sincerely hope that you'll wait patiently for us as this year serves to be one of the hardest. I struggled today during rehearsals because I'm not ready to let go but I won't be greedy, please support us through these times." I confess my sins. 

VIPs start chanting, "BIGBANG FOREVER! BIGBANG FOREVER!" tears were really getting the best of me and I bow before the other four join me on stage for our last song together as a group. We take our places, leaving an empty spot for TOP who isn't able to perform with us but wanted to remember him. 

The sad melody of 'Last Dance' fills the arena and I smile towards Seungri who returns it.

It was hard for all of us to suppress our emotions but I wipe away the stray tears and break into my part trying not to choke and pretend we were inside our practice room just like the pre-debut days singing without the pressure. 

Just one last dance.❞ I finish off G-Dragon's chorus with a shaky voice and Taeyang starts off again and I see VIPs in front of me, tearing up so I reach down to wipe their tears. "It's hard for me too... let's wait for each other." I whisper in Japanese and she nods. 

As I sing this song
I will go back to you
If only I could see the beautiful you again
I will listen to this song with you
And have a last dance
Remember this moment
Until always
Just one last dance,❞

My voice cracked while belting out on the words as a special video made by VIPs played behind  us and concealed it up pretending nothing ever happened, "To all our VIPs who stand with us, we thank you for your everlasting support throughout these years, allowing us to pursue our dreams and create music for you." I start off.

"We thank you for always encouraging us and supporting each member. It's hard for us to let go but I promise this isn't the last of BIGBANG. Our members will enlist throughout this month leaving me and Seungri here. However, we will both be going separate ways and eventually... it'll be just me left." VIPs were letting out small cries.

The VIP bong lit up proudly as I stare into the sea of VIPs, "To my precious members who I love forever. To G-Dragon oppa, you'll be touring as a soloist after this and I hope you remain safe. To Taeyang oppa, you're getting married soon and I wish nothing but fortune, happiness and love to your marriage with Hyorin. To Daesung oppa... honestly, I have no idea what you plan to do but thank you for always giving me hugs even when you didn't want too, thank you for being my teddy bear. To Seungri, you annoy me... don't deny it but... I wouldn't change anything about you. We'll be alone now and soon, you'll leave me as well to serve. Don't grow up, oppa... keep being you." I smiled sadly. 

"And finally, to TOP oppa who couldn't join us today. I will always love you and hope you are keeping safe during your service, please know that all us VIPs are thinking of you today. Thank you for always protecting me when the others wouldn't or comforting me when no-one else would. Please come back healthily." VIPs cheer for TOP. 

"Of course, to our VIPs. You have showered us with endless love and we are thankful for that. Please look after us as we work hard in becoming mature people, none of us would be here without you. BIGBANG... this isn't the end and thank you to my members who always loved me, giving me advice and being my shield during tough times. I will always love you, thank you for loving me these past years." I conclude my speech and wave to the now crying crowd. 

The four boys surround me in a group hug as the curtain finally drops and now I'm fully breaking down, all these tears swallowed inside of me finally freeing themselves, "It's alright, Hana." G-Dragon whispers. 

❤️ 5

❤️ 5.5 M 💬 1.5 M

hanniekim: Always and forever OT5.