Chapter 24

2319 words

I wake up to my alarm and realize that today I have to go help Archie at his dads construction site. "Ugh" I groan as I get out of bed. I walk to the bathroom to get ready,

Look:

"Good enough

"Good enough." I say to myself before leaving the bathroom. I grab a granola bar and eat it quickly while I walk around gathering what I need. I leave my apartment and lock the door. I get in my truck as I text Archie saying that I'm on my way. I pop in some gum in and drive
away.

********

I pull up to the site and I see Archie, along with some other guys. "Hey!" He says as I get out of the car. "Hi Arch!" I say giving him a high five. "We're just waiting on a couple more guys." He says and I nod. I ignore the fact that Jughead is standing a couple feet away and just go on my phone.

When the rest of the guys get here we walk up to the trailer. Where Fred is. Fred And Hermione wall out of the trailer right as we walk up. "What is this?" Fred asks us. "Your new crew. Reporting for duty." Archie says. "I appreciate it, I do. But isn't there something more important you need to be doing? Like going to school? Playing football?" Fred asks. "We can work after practice and on weekends until you get a new crew. Keep things on schedule. Come on dad, I worked for you all summer. And these guys...and y/n.." Archie says chuckling a little.

"We're bruiser studs Mr. Andrews. At least some of us are" moose says looking at Jughead. "And I might not be a....bruiser stud..? But I can lift a mean rock." I say smiling and the guys chuckle. Hermione whispers something to Fred before Fred says "all right. Here we go." We all walk away to get to work.

********

"Real life saver today, I appreciate it. Hard hats go in the bin, there's sodas in the fridge. "Crap! Hey guys I forgot my phone." Moose says as he leaves the trailer. All the sudden the lights flicker outside and we hear banging, we all rush outside to see Moose laying on the ground after being beat up.

"Moose you okay?!?" Archie asks. Moose rolls over and Fred goes to his side. "Stay down." "Who did this to you Moose?" Jughead asks. "No clue. But they said as long as we keep working they're gonna keep coming back." Moose says quietly.

********

I get home after helping Moose and talking to the police. I hop in the shower and put on some sweatpants and a sports bra. I go to my bedroom and lay down on my phone for a bit until I eventually fall asleep.

********

When I wake up I sleepily go into the bathroom and get ready

Look: