Chapter 13

2530 words

"Y/n hey, how are you? Wait...are you okay?" Fred says as we walk in the door. "Hi Mr. Andrews, Yeah I'm okay just...teen drama. Thanks for asking though" I say, Fred nods and me and Archie go upstairs. "Y/n I'm really sorry about your mom...and about how Jughead was acting but knowing him I'm sure he feels really bad." Archie says comfortingly.

"Thanks..." I say as Archie rubs my back, Arch was like a brother to me and he had always been there for me. All the sudden I look out his window and see Jughead in Betty's room. He sits on the bed with his hands over his face. He looked...sad. Betty walked in and took his hand standing him up. She gave him a hug but he didn't hug back, he just, stood.

"It's her fault, not his" I say. "I know she has been...kinda...mean lately but she's going through a lot." Archie says. "Like what Arch?!" I ask. "Like with her parents fighting and her sister being gone." Archie says. "I just don't get why she keeps being a bitch to me...I-I didn't do anything to her." I say.

"I don't know y/n, maybe she's jealous." Archie says. "Of What" I say chuckling "she has everything" I continue. "There's plenty of things for her to be jealous of. Like your beauty, your humor, your personality, your...relationship." Archie says. "Thanks Arch, What would I do without you." I say smiling as I give him a hug.

He pulls away after a while, "Hey y/n you can stay here tonight you probably don't want to go home." Archie says. 'Oh shit Archie still doesn't know that me and Jug are living at school.' I think. "Y-Yeah that would be great. But I should go get my car from school and then I have to stop and get my dress for Jason's memorial. I will be back." I say as I leave his room.

********

I get to school and go into me and Jughead's closet...thing..and I get the dress that I am wearing to Jason's memorial. Along with my laptop, toiletries, sweatpants, and chargers. I hop in my car and go back to Archie's house. When I get there Archie was in the kitchen and Fred, I'm assuming, was at work.

"Hey Arch. What are you uh, doing there?" I ask. "Waiting for the pizza to cook." He says. "So you are literally standing here just waiting for the pizza." I say. "Uh yeah" he says. "Only you" I say laughing. I set my bag down and sit on the island pulling a stool up to it, taking my computer out of it.

I go on Instagram and scroll through all the pictures. "Archibald....I'm boreddddd" I say whining. The timer goes off and Archie yells "pizza's done!" Completely ignoring me. He takes it out of the oven almost burning his hand and sets it down on the counter. I get cups and fill them with (drink of your choice) and set them down at the table.

Archie gets the pizza and sets it down next to the drinks as he sits down. "So how's football?" I ask. "It's okay I guess, coach is kinda irritating though. How are you though...?" He asks. "Well things have been difficult lately for...obvious reasons but when my mom got hurt earlier this month I thought she was gonna die and so I think that know that she is dead...it's...well, easier to cope with I guess. I don't know it's hard to explain. It's almost like in my head she was, already dead." I try to explain.

Archie nods, "Well I'm glad that you found a way to handle all of this." Archie says. We finish our pizza and do the dishes before heading upstairs. Jughead had been texting me nonstop.

(Texts)

Where are you?
Are you coming back tonight?
Please talk to me.
I'm sorry about your mom
Are you still at Archie's?

I finally text back

I'm fine, I'm staying at Archie's for the night. I think we should have a day to process everything before we talk. I love you.