Somebody's hero

Joy’s dream of an event that happened 18 years ago often haunted her. She remembered being an eight year old girl running from something. But the exact reason never was brought to light. It was always night-time in the dream.Giant Helicopters were following her in this dream. Just as they always did in the irregular dream. She wasn’t wearing glasses and her eyes look weird similar to a person who’s gone blind.

 A yellow flash blinded her.

“Stop running!” She heard a yell from above.  “We want to help you.”

Scared, like any child in this frightening  situation; young Joy grabs something round and metal that bounced off small objects that went ding ding  once hitting the object then flew off in different directions. Her heart was beating faster than usual. She didn’t know where to go. Everything is incredibly blurry but the faint outlines of a door drew her attention.

She went to the door, then yanked it open and hurried in.

“She’s gone into the building!” The loud voice declared. “Move, move!”

She heard low voices in another room, when she dashed into a closet.

“Brother, are you sure we’re supposed to be here?” Came a much older and stronger voice.

“This is Midgard.” A much younger voice replied. Let’s acknowledge this voice as The Young voice. “I’m not wrong when it comes to these impromptu meetings in this realm.”

She heard footsteps headed toward the closet. There were faster danger paced footsteps from across these light calm footsteps.

“Why are you here?” The Young voice asked.

“Don’t play games with us.” A different voice said.  “We’re here to retrieve.”

“We’re not playing games.Are you playing games with us?” The Young voice asked. There is silence. “I was not aware Hogun has convinced them into wearing black is efficient in breaking and entering.”

“Nor did I.”  The Older voice replied.

“Where’s the girl?” A Different voice asked..

“What girl?” The Young and Older voices ask at once.

“The girl who just came in.” The Different voice said.

“Why are you chasing a girl?” The Young voice asked.

“This ‘she’ has a person of interest background with her father.” The Different voice replied.

There is a pause, and then the two voices bicker—in whispers--about coming to this building.

“Well.” The Young voice said, after he had an argument with the older voice. “You’re in the wrong house.”

“No.” The Different voice said.  “We’re not. She came in through the side door.”

She heard the light footstep turns towards the closed door. She grabs on to a stick; scared for her life. Young Joy closed her eyes while mentally praying that whoever is behind the door wouldn’t open it. She heard someone grip on the handle. Young Joy’s fear rises up on the Fear O’meter.

“If she’s scared of you .  .” The  Older voice began. “What does that mean to you?”

“She’ll learn we’re the good guys.” The Different voice said. “No reason to fear us.”