The moment where dominos fall

“Joy.” Bryan said.  “When was the last time you told someone ‘I love you’?”

Joy slid back in the chair rolling it backwards and looks up pinching at the microphone piece of the headset.

“None of your concern.” Joy said.

“It is when you seems to be dying of ...something.” Bryan said.

Joy looks over to see Branthony with a black eye dart under his cubicle.

“Bryan!” Joy yells.  “That was not necessary.”

“You’ve equipped yourself with a walking cane.” Bryan said. “One; it means you’re getting Gregory House’afied. Two; you’re getting paralyzed. Three; you’re dying!” He gestures over the cane leaning against Joy’s desk. “You haven’t said the words since we broke up.”

“Since we broke up; that means you don’t have to punch your way around to know information.” Joy argues back.

“I am your friend.” Bryan said. “And a Norwegian refused to tell me that something was wrong. Norwegians are the most friendly people, sides to Irish and Swedes, who can carry an intelligent and smart conversation.” He points down to the floor. “There’s something wrong when they don’t come out honest.”

“And you’re judging people by their nationality, again!” Joy said.

“Joy, you sound Russian.” Bryan said. “And I haven’t judged you. Because you’re not from Russia.”

“Bryan, you’re being a Buttinstky.” Joy said.

“Telling inanimate objects don’t count for ‘I love you’.” Bryan continues as he chooses to ignore the retort from Joy. “Before your life runs out on your condition.” He lowers his voice at the mere mention of ‘condition’ to Joy. “You have to admit it; seriously.” Bryan waves his left index finger up and down. “As a friend and former boyfriend: move on.”

Bryan left Joy’s cubicle.

__                               __                                                   __

Loki still had the key that Fandral had given him. Right before Fandral decided Loki wasn’t convinced by his words and his survival.Fandral was gone by the time Loki had turned around to insist he didn’t need it. The Midgardian key that belonged to an old haunted house called the ‘Winchesters mystery house’ that once belonged to a woman named Sarah Winchester. The same Midgardian who doors leading all over the place in that same haunted and possibly cursed house. Loki had the key in his wallet pocket. Loki takes his wallet out and takes the key out; the key made a perfect reflection of Loki.

Loki saw a metal bucket on a stair step.

“I don’t need this.” Loki reminds himself, tossing the key into the bucket.

Loki puts the wallet away and then continues walking down the street.

Loki’s attention is drawn down to his coat pocket that is vibrating. A classic melody was coming from the vibration radiating from the phone itself. That classic melody represented unknown calls coming from numbers that were not registered. Of course someone had to be calling right after Loki finished a bottle of sprite and a bag of Cheetos. Loki takes the phone out, presses the green button, and puts the phone against his ear.

  “Hello?” Loki said, answering the phone.  “Who told you I am back in town?”

“Fan sites!” Came Hank’s reply.  “Tell me you’ve seen the news.”