This is a really crazy life

Joy had a vision of a multiple car wreck that was pretty much overkill adding the explosions that resulted from it. She had recognized one of the fatalities as some-one she had hit in May. It felt so long ago that her most of her 'former' family members had died, counting Carter and Oratio. Joy takes a stop to the side of the street. Her freezing hands tighten on the driver’s wheel. 

"Do you want to die?" Joy asks herself.

 A chill went down through her body. It was chillier than she currently is at the moment. Joy's hair is very much white we can tell by the street light nearby casting a good look on her. Joy looks up towards the dangling shard of crystal from the middle rear view mirror. You don't have that many people close, you know, Joy reminds herself, you have a job left. And only a few people you've acquainted.

Joy resumes driving.

Well, then again you have a friend who makes sure you’re okay.” Joy rationalizes. “Who is somewhat of a stalker.”

Joy taps her fingers on the drivers wheel.

"You'll die within a day if you do an act out of love for Loki." Joy recalls Mr Odd's warning.

David had revealed to Joy that he is Mr Odd earlier that week.She also learned in that week Thor was the one solely responsible for the deaths of Oratio and Carter. It was a terrible task to walk around knowing that one god believing in love at first sight was bent on making it harder for Joy. And then again knowing through Izzy that Shannon, the woman--who Joy had connected Loki to through using the computer and making an account for him--had been murdered by some rather unexpected muggers.

Mr Odd had placed a spell on her. Making a prime reason why not to be involved with Loki.

"He is a god after all." Joy said.  "Gods can't die.”  Loki was there when they killed Shannon, Joy thought, purposely unable to do a thing but watch.I do nott know how they were able to do that on him; on a god.  “My vision must be wrong."

The stinging image of a name line straight from a news report swept through Joy's mind. After all in three minutes the life changing event will wipe out a person earlier than they should be in this life on Earth. Joy rubs her forehead feeling nothing of a crevice but only a cold sensation from her forehead. It feels cold where-ever she goes.

“Oh screw it!” Joy said, driving faster down the lane.

She takes a sharp turn into a neighboring street that was close to Loki's current destination. Our scenery changes to ten minutes later; right into a nearly dark street that had some unique Halloween lights. Loki is seen looking down at a cell phone that had a line of text, an old text from Shannon that read ‘If you don’t come out of that house by the time I’m there, I will force you out.’ which sounded threatening when spoken out loud.

Then the phone rang showing up the words ‘Hank the immortal’ with a phone number below reading ‘359-338-3539’. There was a simple avatar of a rhino representing Hank in one solid square photograph. Why call at this time at night?, Loki thought, I have not told Hank I’ve been visiting. A thought entered Loki’s mind that perhaps Hank is a Psychic. Loki clicks on the red button of an upside down old fashioned phone. He slips the phone into his pocket and then heads into a local convenience store.

“So, Prawn.” Cece Hopskins, a rather tall teenager for her age, said  as she leans against Prawn’s chest twisting the rope that is part of his hoody into a knot. “Strawberries or grapes?”

Cece and Prawn were by a rack that had plastic boxes carrying asortments such as Strawberries, grapes, oranges, and so on.

“Grapes are boring.” Prawn said. “I pick none.”