Are you? Part 1

.  .  . One week later..   .

Loki sees a picture of Joy wearing a blonde wig. She reminds me of someone, Loki thought as he somewhat could see some familiarity on her face. She seemed vaguely familiar like someone else who Loki had met in the past. Who does she remind me of? He looks away from the book left on the table and proceeds to eat his lunch.

“Joy, are you going to be in this year’s office play?” Ginger asks.

Joy looks down from her book—that’s in her right hand--with the festive glasses resting on the nose bridge. Her lunch had already been eaten about thirty minutes ago. It’s currently lunch hour; everyone is taking a break from their jobs. The time is 12:10 PM.

“Remind me what month is it.” Joy said.

“It’s May.” Ginger said.

The other employees were eating or having some conversations. Loki is tuning out the chattery of a woman beside him going on and on about her family’s vacations. Loki did not find driving a mobile house into clothing stand as something ‘funny’ in his taste. Loki takes another bite out of his sandwich.

Mortals had a strange sense of humor that didn’t make sense.

“Year.” Joy stated.

“Uh, 2011.” Ginger said, puzzled.

“What day is it?” Joy interrogates her.

“It’s May 18th,an Wednesday.” Ginger said.

 “No means no, I don’t want to play Maleficent.”  Joy said.

“Come on, girly!” Ginger pleads with her. “You’ll make a great Maleficent.”

“Maleficent?” Loki asks after he swallowed his bite, and  raised an eyebrow.  “There’s something to play about males being magnificent?”

Joy looks at the ceiling and sighs. It was as though she is doing to keep herself from laughing hysterically.

“She’s the villain to an old Disney classic.” A co-worker, Hank Arnolds, said.  “It was called Sleeping Beauty.”

“You mean ‘is’.” Joy corrects Hank.

Hank’s light brown eyes roll from Joy’s insisting grammar correction.

“This ‘classic’ was about how sleeping has beauty?” Loki asks.  “I do not understand how you consider sleeping to be beauty. Is there anyone who practice sleeping poses?” Three of the women co-workers were getting a kick out of his blunt remarks. Loki shook his head while muttering something about ‘mortals’ and ‘ confuse me’ in the same sentence.

“Maleficent used to have wings.” Ginger said, with a sad sigh. “Maleficent was betrayed by the man who was Aurora’s father—Aurora’s princess name is Sleeping Beauty—and got her wings clipped off. “

“Go on.” Loki said, apparently intrigued.

“Because the former king was dying and he wanted her dead. She was the protector of a forest across from the castle.” Ginger explains, and then takes a sip from her mug. She gulps down what had been in the mug. “Anyway, the man who betrayed Maleficent had been her love interest a long time ago.But since Aurora’s father cared for Maleficent so much he decided to  clip off her wings. “

Loki rubs his chin.

“Maleficent learned Aurora’s father did it just to become king—when the former king passed away-- and marry the king’s daughter. And the stories say she put a curse on Aurorar as a baby to fall into a never-ending sleep when she was older.” Joy continues the explaining.  “However, Maleficent added a unique way out of the forever-sleep; true love’s kiss.”