Questions part 1: The Cheeky announcement

.  .  .May .  . .  Monday 23rd  .  .  .

Joy strolled out the elevator door more wary than she had been before. You’ve kept this power forgotten,Joy reminds herself, you can control it at free will.She strides past Ginger who was chatting with Tara Biker. Joy walks backwards back to the duo.

“Is there something up with the lunch room?” Joy asks.

Tara laughs at her.

“Nope.” Tara said.  “We’ve got one thing in common.”

“Which is?” Joy said, raising an eyebrow.

“Laufeysun.” Ginger said.

Joy rubs her chin, with a questionable look on her face towards the duo.

“.  . . Are you intentionally saying his name wrong?”  Joy asks, tilting her head to the side. She straightens her head upwards momentarly after. “I know you are not from another country, Ginger.”

“That’s what his name spells.” Ginger insists.

“No it spelled Lau-fey-son.” Joy said. “L-a-u-f-e-y-s-o-n.”

Tara takes a sheet of paper out of her back and then slides it forward on the table. There is this ‘I have proof’ determined look in her eyes. Joy looks down still unable to believe what they were saying is perhaps true. Loki had spelled his name incorrectly despite how often he corrected people saying his name wrong. Joy rubs her eyes then looks back at the paper.

“Hey Joy.” Hank said. “Your Jeep’s flying in the internet.”

Joy turns her head towards the direction of Hank’s voice.

“I don’t follow.” Joy said, blinking.

What the hell is up with Hanks hair?, Joy notices Hank’s hair is different; very different, very spikey. Though what really startles her is the new hair color Hank has changed his hair.Has the world gone mad? That’s probably what happened after being dumped into the ocean with a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

“Your Jeep has a ‘z’ marking engraved on the side.” Hank said, taking out a flat easy to carry device from his desk drawer. He holds it up in her view.  “I don’t forget when a woman single handily ruin their vehicle with car keys while under the influence.”

Joy slides the paper forwards towards Tara with wide eyes.

“So  Farrell didn’t do it.” Joy said, in a low ashamed voice.  “That’s the internet.”  She points at the screen. One way to deny it’s her vehicle is by pointing out facts.  “You can’t always believe what’s on the internet.”

Tara and Ginger were giggling at her unwelcome moment of self-realization.

“So someone on the internet has done the impossible?” Hank asks. “That’s not possible.”

“Photoshop.” Joy said, turning away with  the black bag loosely hanging over her  right shoulder somewhat.  “That’s what makes it possible.”

She heads down the wide space between the rows of cubicles—work hour hadn’t officially started yet—with co-workers socializing. Thank goodness I didn’t get a cut on my forehead, Joy thought heading down towards her customized cubicle. She had a black bag with her. When she reached the cubicle; Joy put the bag on the table first; took out a pepper spray, a desktop cover that was a big yellow bird, new paper, and new set of pens.

“Why did you leave me your candy box?” Loki asks, standing at the side of the cubicle.

Joy lifts her head up towards Loki; The man who Odin claimed she had met before. Gods did have an odd way of introducing themselves to her. I don’t believe it for a second, Joy thought while taking off the lion king decoration off the computer.