Chapter 17 💃🏼

Elise Layton 👠

Blake meets me after school and we walk hand-in-hand to detention together. When we arrive I look into the room and groan.

Already seated are Jayden Eastman, Luke, Kai and my cousin Jack. I'm not sure detention could get much worse. I can see this being a nightmare.

The teacher hasn't arrived yet and so I walk straight up to Jack, sitting on his desk.

"So what did you do to get put in detention, little cousin of mine?"

"I got caught smoking a joint." He says, with a grin on his face.

"You're still high, aren't you?" I scrunch my nose in distaste and he tips his head down, like it's too heavy to hold up.

"Yep." He replies and I chuckle at the double chin he's created with his jaw down at his neck.

He looks like he's in a dreamy daze and his eyes are bloodshot.

"I'm not really here Jack. I'm a figment of your imagination." I mess with him, to see if he'll believe me.

"Are you?" He asks and looks terrified.

"Yes...I'm a dream." I drawl and his eyes widen in horror.

"Mhm, yes you are." Luke says in a husky voice, scanning me with his eyes.

"You're walking a really fu*king thin line with me today Luke. I'm going to end up ripping your shi*ting head off." Blake growls, angrily and tenses his jaw.

"Quite aggressive, isn't he, your boyfriend?" Kai asks, sounding smug and I roll my eyes at him.

"Is Blake a dream too?" Jack asks, with his head now tilted to the side. It looks like it's stuck to his shoulder and I snort a laugh.

"Yes. Yes he is...."

"...and you didn't really see him kill Luke or Kai." I tell him in a sinister tone.

"Did he kill Luke and Kai?!" He exclaims. His bright red eyes go wide and I struggle to hold in a laugh.

"Not yet, but he's definitely going too."

I walk to the back of the room and take a seat next to Blake. I can see that he's seething with anger at Luke and Kai. His face is set like stone with an angry frown and I put my hand up to hold his cheek with my hand. He leans into my touch and I can see his tension easing.

"Remember who gets to take me home, okay." I whisper to him.

He cups my hand over his on his cheek and presses my palm against his lips.

"I'm going to throw up." Eastman says, looking over at us and cringing in disgust.

"Are you real?" Jack asks, frowning at Eastman.

"What the fu*k did you smoke, man?" He questions in amazement.

"I don't know. That little boy over there looks a bit like an alien though." He says and points at Luke. I laugh out loud, covering my mouth with my hand quickly to muffle the sound.

"He is. He's an ugly, little, alien, bit*h-boy." Blake says, placing emphasis on every word and Luke scowls at him.

"Keep scowling. It makes that alien fu*ker face of yours look better." He raises an eyebrow, goading him.

Kai starts laughing at his desk and I can't quite get my head around what's going on in here.

"I like you." He says to Blake, nodding his head in appreciation and I frown at him.