Cancer trauma

Safeenah's pov...

  "Safeenah! Do you want us to miss our flights?!".

  "Coming right now mum!".

I shouted back and quickly grabbed my handbag and ran out, my Alkyabba sweeping the floor behind me.

Dad, Mabee and mum and some bodyguards were outside waiting for only one person, despicable me of course.

"Sorry".

I mumbled an apology for wasting their time as I sat in the Mercedes Benz, beside Mabee, a bodyguard in the front seats while mum and dad were in another car.

  We arrived at the airport exactly four o'clock and rushed inside the departure lounge.

   Having our tickets already booked, we collected our boarding pass and had our luggage tagged, before riding to where the plane was waiting.

    After displaying, again, our boarding tickets, we walked to the business class and sat, me in the middle while mum and dad besides me, and Mabee was behind us, sitting with some lady who was gawking at him. The guards, four of them were in the economic class, while ten more will follow us to Yola by road.

  After the air hostess showed how parachutes are used and other safety stuffs, announcement was made to switch off phones as the plane is about to take off in a minute.

I put my phone on flight mode and fastened my seat belt, muttered a dua (prayer) and sank in my seat, feeling the airplane taxiing on the tar before lifting off its wheels from the ground. I watched as the grasses, trees and building disappeared and cloud appeared.

   Leaning my head on my dad's shoulder while he held my hand, I listened to them converse about mabee's coronation as sarkin tsabtan Adamawa.

  I watched as some men, who recognised my dad as king of shamnarr came and kneeled in greetings to dad and mum before going back to their seats.

  After exactly an hour, the announcement of landing came, and I felt the tyres screeched on the ground and we taxied before finally parking.

   After the guards collected our luggage, we walked to where the cars were waiting and we journeyed through the city of Yola to the palace.

  Right from the heavy iron gates, servants, maids and guards ran towards our cars, greeting respectfully even before we alighted from the car.

  After receiving the greetings and what not, I was escorted to my chamber by five maids, where my bathe water was ready.

  "Hey baby".

  Mabee said, walking into my room and sat beside me on the royal bed, where two maids stood fanning me, even after I protested that there is an air conditioner in the room.

  "Yes Mabee, am tired!".

I complained, lying on his laps as he stroke my long unbraided hair.

  "Mabee".

"Yes baby?".

"How do you feel about being crowned a title?".

  I asked as he fed me an apple.

"Uhmm....seriously, I feel good. You know how much I love royalty and being in power".

I could feel him smiling.

"You are the total opposite of me, Mabee. I hate royalty. Thank God am not marrying into a royal family".

  He sighed and we kept quiet, both lost in thoughts.