2

"So your first day at Ericson's is on Monday, are you excited?" Louis tried to make conversation while they drove to the mall. The blonde scoffed. "I mean yeah, but starting at a new school is never really that exciting." Violet replied. "Well that's not true at a new school you can be whoever you wanna be, your old self is in the past. A new start." Violet pondered on Louis' thought, maybe he was right. "Unless you were a serial killer, please don't be a serial killer." Louis tried to joke. All of them laughing at the remark. "You can hang out with us, until you get super popular and forget about us." Clementine joked. She wanted Violet to meet everyone. Mitch, Marlon, Brody, Aasim and Ruby. Clementine hopes that none of them tried anything on Violet. Only because she was new and she wanted Violet to explore all her options first.

The trio joked the entire ride, some conversations about stupid stuff and they even talked about how long they would last in a zombie apocalypse. They all agreed that Louis would die first. When they arrived they all got out of the car and began browsing the mall. Louis and Clementine made the mall their hang out spot, giving into all the high schooler stereotypes, they still loved the place. They went every Saturday ever since Louis got a car.
-
After looking at random shops, looking at clothes they knew they couldn't afford and joking about the tourist, the three of them got tired and wanted to go home.

"I had a lot of fun thanks for inviting me along." Louis and Clementine smiled at her appreciation. Louis decided the new girl wasn't bad and he actually enjoyed her presence. He really liked trying to make the stubborn girl laugh and liked how happy Clementine was with her.

They made it to Violet's house assuming Lee and Gideon were still talking despite them being gone for at least two hours. Clementine and Violet step out of the car. "Well girls I should be heading home now, I'm starting to get separation anxiety without my piano." Louis says. Louis has real talent, whenever he would play he put real passion into it. He would practice for hours eager to show his friends the new songs he was working on. He tried his hardest for Clementine, she brought this want out of him. He wanted to be the best for her, he loved who he was around her and that's why she was his best friend.

The pair walking into Violet's house. "Oh hey girls. Clem, your dad just left a little bit ago." Clementine chuckled lightly to herself knowing she was right about how good her father was with making conversation. "Oh okay well it was nice meeting you, I'll be going now." Clementine attempted to say goodbye. "Oh your dad and I were talking and were thinking you two should have a sleepover." Gideon said to Clementine before she could leave. Both Clementine and Violet froze in their spots.

This can't be happening, this has to be fake, this stuff only happens in books. No way Violet and Clementine were going to sleep in the same bed together, and share a blanket. Clementine blushes lightly at the thoughts of the two and shook it off. "Oh yeah that sounds fun." Clementine politely says to Gideon. Violet on the other hand was not having it. They meet today and already a sleepover? Violet did really like Clementine's company and wasn't totally against the chance to spend some more time with her new friend. Violet glared at her mom as she kept insisting on Violet agreeing with it. "Vi, it will be a good chance for you two to get to know each other." Violet huffed and muttered a "Fine" and brought Clementine upstairs to her room. "Woah you want me in your bed that quick?" Clementine teased the blonde. "I-I uh just-" Clementine laughed at the girls nervous state and pushed her lightly. "Hey I'm just gonna go home, shower and change okay? Then I'll be back and you can get me into that bed." Clementine immediately shut her mouth after that. The statement coming out a lot more sexual than she had anticipated. "I was just trying to joke around, I went a little too far sorry." It was Violet's turn to to laugh at the girls flustered state. Violet let Clementine leave to do her things and decided she should do the same.

With their time apart, the both of them thinking the same thing:

"Why do I feel this way?"