10

The two girls stood in front of their families. They looked at each other and Violet nodded while taking a deep breath. "Mom, well guys um Clementine and I are together and have been for a while now." There were no words, the room was completely silent. "We had to tell you, we couldn't keep it a secret anymore." Louis stood up to make the first move. "You know we will always love you guys." Louis engulfed them both in a hug. "Why were you hiding in the first place, did you think we wouldn't approve." Gideon asked the girls. "Maybe." Violet trailed off.

Clementine's group were the only ones left. AJ ran up to the couple. "So love right?" AJ looked at Clementine, eyes burning with hope. "Yeah, buddy." AJ looked back at Lee and Carley. "Like you guys." Lee and Carley laugh at how AJ seemed to be. "Yes just like us." Carley agreed. The couple stood up and walked up to Clementine and Violet. "You know, Carley and I actually had a bet you two would get together. Someone owes me ten dollars." Lee joked. "Dad! Why would you bet on my love life." Clementine shook her head.

Violet looked over to Gabe and Javier. Javier was rubbing Gabe's back. Gabe couldn't believe that he would never get a chance with Clementine again. He had to be happy for her, but he couldn't find it in himself. Gabe stood up and left the house. Javier sighed and walked up to Clementine and Violet. He was touched that Clementine picked him to be a part of this very important discussion. He knew this had to be a big step in her life and he wanted to show his full support for him and Gabe. He put his hand on Violet's shoulder. "Don't distract her from her softball career." Violet laughed. "I think I'd say she keeps me more focused." Clementine winked at Violet and Violet shook her head. Javier chuckled at them. "That's great to hear." Javier hugged Clementine supportively and patted Violet on the back.

Quickly, the group of people began talking about the couple and acted like it was no big deal. Clementine and Violet were so relieved they could now be together in peace and not have to worry about being caught.

Louis walked up behind them. "How about that movie huh?" Louis suggested to the girls. "I don't know I'm not-" Clementine interrupted Violet. "Yes please, I need to get out of this house." Louis and Clementine looked at Violet and she sighed. "I guess we are going to the movies." Clementine and Louis cheered and shared a high five. "You guys are such kids, let's go." Violet pushed past them and walked to leave the house.

-

The next morning Clementine remembered that Javier and Gabe were leaving. Clementine couldn't lie, she was hurt that Gabe didn't acknowledge her about her coming out. They might have ended their relationship on a bad note but they were friends way before they started dating. Javier and Lee have been best friends since high school and Clementine remembers when she met Gabe.

They were about 11 years old, Javier had mentioned he had a nephew around Clementine's age and it took months of Clementine begging for Javier to bring Gabe. Gabe was a shy preteen, Clementine had to make the first move and complimented his orange beanie. After that, they hit it off. It became a regular routine for Javier to bring Gabe and they would play euchre or he would show her new music he found.

It wasn't until they were 14 that Gabe surprised Clementine with the news that he was going to the same high school as her. Clementine was ecstatic that she was going to enter high school with her best friend.

Clementine was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard a knock at the door. "Come in." She sat up in her bed and fixed her messy morning hair. The door opens and Gabe is on the other side. "Hey, Clem." Gabe said shyly. "If this is going to be another debate to win me back, don't even try." Gabe chuckled softly at Clementine's remark. "No, I just wanted to apologize. I left yesterday when you were confessing something important. Clem, we have been friends for years, I forced my dad to drive me 30 minutes every morning just so I can go to the same school as my best friend. The best friend I ended up falling for and then..." Gabe paused for a few seconds. Clementine hanging on the edge of her bed. "Cheated on. I don't even know what came over me. I saw uncle Javi was coming and I knew it was the perfect opportunity to come and apologize to you. As your best friend, I'm happy for you and Violet, but as the kid that was in love with you, can't lie it kinda sucks. I hope you can forgive me, Clem, I was only thinking about myself and once I lost you, I realized how much you meant to me and that I needed my best friend in my life." Clementine was on the verge of tears. She'd be lying if she said forgetting about Gabe was easy. Spending time with Louis helped but she could never forget all their exciting memories together. "I'll forgive you if you admit I'm better than you at euchre." Clementine joked. "Yeah, you wish." Gabe laughed. "Gabe, let's go!" Javier yelled for him from the front of the house. "Well, it's time for me to go." Gabe nodded his head towards the door. They walk out together and they see Lee and Javier standing with their bags. "You sure you guys don't want to come with us to drop them off?" Lee asked his family. Everyone avoided his eyes and he sighed. "Bye Clem." Javier walked up to Clementine and gave her a hug. "If you ever need anything you can always call me." Clementine nodded and let go from the hug. Clementine looked a Gabe for a moment and then hugged him. Bye dork." Clementine pulled away. Everyone looked at the pair with wide eyes. "Bye loser." Gabe said and walked out the door. "That was-"

"Weird." AJ finished for Javier. "Alright have a safe trip, see you soon." Carley waved the men off.

"So you and Gabe are friends again?" Carley asked Clementine. "Yeah he apologized, I needed to forgive him at some point." Clementine shrugged. "Well, I'm going over to Violet's." Clementine waved to the little boy and her mom. "Not so fast, you know you have to take AJ to soccer practice." Carley stopped Clementine. "But you always take him." Clementine pouted and whined. "Yeah, but with your father using the car to take Javier, I can't take him. Just ask Violet to go with you." Clementine sighed. "Now you can meet Tenn and his older sister, you'll like her." Clementine raised an eyebrow at the little boy. "Oh yeah? What's her name?" Clementine asked. "Hm. I don't know, it's something weird." AJ thought about it and Clementine laughed at his response. "Alright kiddo, go get ready and I'll get Violet." AJ ran to his room and Clementine made the long and treacherous journey across the street to invite Violet.

At least she'll have Violet to keep her company. Maybe AJ's practice wouldn't be completely appalling.

She hoped.