13

Clementine

"Clementine!"

"Clem!"

"Clementine!" Clementine felt a napkin hit her face. Clementine snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Brody. "What?" Clementine asked confused. "I asked where Violet was. She hasn't been sitting with us all week." Brody repeated herself. "Oh uh yeah no I only see her next period, I'll ask her where she goes." Clementine tried to smile. She knew where Violet went for lunch, with Minerva. Violet seemed to take them not being together seriously, she hasn't been around Clementine since that night. The lunch bell rings and everyone disperses to their classes.

"Yeah, yeah alright I'll see you later." Clementine watched as Violet and Minerva said their farewells. "Hey, Clem." Violet greeted the brunette. "Hello." Clementine walked into the class and sat in her assigned seat. Violet put her bag down next to her. "What's wrong?" Violet asked Clementine. "This is just hard. I miss you walking me home, going to my games, us watching movies on the couch, everything. Waiting sucks but you look like you're having fun with Minerva, I'm glad at least one of us is happy." Violet looked at Clementine with sad eyes. "Clementine I'm- it's not like that at all. I'm just trying to distance myself. It's really hard not to be with you, Clem." Violet looked down at her desk. "I know and it hasn't even been a week. Maybe I can talk to my parents." Clementine said. "As you said, it hasn't even been a week. We need to give them more time, but let's sneak out tonight." Violet offered. "Thought you were against sneaking out? Also, I don't think going out with my ex is a good idea." Clementine teased, causing Violet to laugh. "You're a bad influence, what can I say?" Violet shrugged. "How about you come to my practice, I do a lot better when I know you're there." Clementine grabbed Violet's hand under the desk. "I can't, my mom has me under lock and key making sure we aren't together. I guess your dad told her everything." Violet shook her head. "This sucks, all because I was shirtless in bed with you." Clementine scoffed. "Did you just hear yourself?" Violet look at her in disbelief. "Yeah but it was all just a misunderstanding, now I'm all lonely, and to make matters worse my ex wants to meet me tonight." They both laugh out loud causing eyes to shift in their direction. "Sorry." Clementine mumbled.

"What are we even going to do?" Clementine became curious. "Eh I don't know, I was thinking making out under the stars would be romantic." Violet shrugged. "Oh uh yeah, wait when did you become the confident one?" Clementine was usually the one to make the moves. "I guess Minerva is rubbing off on me." Violet leaned back in her chair, Clementine rolled her eyes and looked forward. "I'm joking." Clementine ignored her and continued to listen to what her teacher was saying. Violet put her head on Clementine's shoulder and looked up at her.

Violet examined Clementine's features, she loved how Clementine's eyebrows furrowed when she focused on something. "When did you get so clingy?" Clementine asked, her eyes not leaving the board. "Says the one that begged me for a kiss the other night." Violet sighed and Clementine shook her head. "I still don't know if sneaking out tonight is a good idea. I can't risk getting caught." Clementine tried to convince herself. "You won't get caught, we won't even be out for long." Violet wanted to promise her that everything would be fine. "We really shouldn't, we are supposed to be broken up, Vi."

"It's like a diet, we deserve a cheat day." Violet nudged Clementine. "Just promise me you aren't messing around with Minerva." Clementine spoke with sadness in her voice. "Clementine, of course, I'm not. It's only been 5 days how could anyone get over you that quick, not anyone that knew you that's for sure."

Violet

School ended and everyone made their way home. Louis usually gave Violet a ride since she no longer had to stay with Clementine.